Please Help Me!
A few months ago I had numerous positive home pregnancy tests. I went to the doctor and the test there was also positive so he sent me to get my blood tests. Two days later I started bleeding and I went to the hospital (I was rather lucky to find that my regular doctor also worked at the hospital so I got to see him that night), he did more blood tests to find out if it were normal or a miscarriage. He came back to me very confused and said that I was not miscarrying as I was never pregnant, according to my bloods. He told me to still keep the appointment that I had with him two days later to look at the blood results he had sent me to do, and those ones came back positive!
Can anyone please give me any insight as to what the hell happened. My doctor was not very helpful, just gave me a smile, some pain killers and sent me on the way.
I am so lost and so confused, please help me!!!
Hi!
This is really strange because even if the home pregnancy test were false positive, the one in hospital should have been correctly positive, unless that too was a urine test. It is possible to get positive urine tests even if you are not pregnant. In these cases the blood tests determine whether you are pregnant or not. This is the only possible explanation I can think of to explain all this confusion. Probably the blood tests you had before you started bleeding will show that you are not pregnant. Take care!
I had blood tests taken before I started bleeding, but did not receiving the results until a few days later, and they were positive.
I don't know what to think. I kind of think that the doctor either made a mistake with the tests at the hospital, or lied to me about what was going on and I was in fact miscarrying. Either way it is horribly confusing! =(