Positive Tripple test for Down Syndrome(Trisomy 21)
My sister in India is 19weeks pregnent and was found positive in Tripple test screening for Trisomy 21( Down Syndrome) 1:50. Her Doctor advised another screening and then depoending on the result go for an abortion etc.

She has a boy of 3.5 years old and perfectly healthy.

Reading all these post not sure whats the best way to proceed from here. What shall we do from now
1> Ultrasound test for finding whether the Baby is ok, is that a reliable test
2> AMNIO may not be an option since there are inherent danger to the baby and of complication
Please help
My neighbor got back her first trimester screen for down syndrome 1:36 and did an amnio and he is now 3 months old and now perfectly healthy, no downs.  Remember that it's just a number. I'd highly recommend the amnio- several friends have done it with NO complications or side effects.  It will help her to know for sure and will allow the doctors the knowledge if her baby were to have down syndrome.  My other friend does have a little boy with Downs and they didn't know.  The doctors were panicking, etc. and so with her next child, she did the amnio just for mere fact that the doctors could be prepared.  I wish her the best of luck.