Prometrium while pregnant (progesterone)
My doctor prescribed me Prometrium 200 mg once a day because I was bleeding a little  bit.  This is my first day and I am scared because I still feel a little crampy.. Also the positive line on the HPT is fading from yesterday..Is this normal?  and I think im only about 5 weeks.. anyone have any suggestions or sucess they can tell me about this product and if it works.. I do not want to loose this baby.. I lost my last baby at 20 weeks due to hormone problems but we did not catch it so early..

Thank you
It's a safe thing to take during pregnancy.  If your problem is not enough progesterone, it will help.  If you have a different problem, it won't help but it also won't hurt.  It will not keep you from feeling crampy.  If you are still bleeding despite the Prometrium, let your doctor know, and he might prescribe you take it morning and night.  Again, it won't hurt anything.
I am so sorry about your loss.  That must have been really hard for you.  Just curious, did they check your progesterone levels for this pregnancy?  Progesterone sups will not harm anything and maybe the drs are giving to you to ensure your lining is thick.  Progesterone has not really been tested in later stage pregnancy but is very commonly used up to 12 wks.  Are the drs suggesting you take it throughout?  Also after 12 wks the placenta should take over making the progesterone so that is why it isnt typically given past 12 wks.
I just read the part about your line fading it could just be the differences in the tests.  I would call your Dr and ask that they draw an HCG and also progesterone.  They will usually draw it twice to ensure that the HCG doubled in two days.
If you have the money I would ask for progesterone instead
I have had better luck with it and that is all my new RE will use
My doctor has prescribed my prometrium in the past to keep my pregnancy going but not until my missed period.  That was over 7 years ago.  My husband and I haven't tried since until this month.  I am due to have my period next Thursday Dec. 11th.  I know it's too early to take a test, but I did and it came out positive.  I want to go in so that my doc can put me on prometrium but she won't until after my missed period...what can I do until then?  I don't want to lose this baby.  Anyone have any suggestions?
I was prescribed prometrium after my 4th miscarriage and my 5th pregnancy was successful and I'm in my 17th week with my 6th pregnancy, i took prometrium with both and so far so good! I'm sure if that is your problem it should help just stay optimistic about it and RELAX i know easier said than done but you have to make yourself relax, stress is hard on a baby.