Should be 7 weeks, measuring 4 weeks 6 days, looking for any insight...
Hi all,

I am in an anxious state-- not sure if I'm miscarrying or I should still hold on to a shred of hope.

Judging by my last period January 3rd (and knowing when we had sex, bc we were trying)... I should be 7 weeks 4 days pregnant. At my dating ultra sound February 21st (at 7 weeks) the ultrasound tech was pretty silent... and then went on to say that the sac was there but very small, measuring more like 4 weeks 6 days. I was on the verge of tears so couldn't manage to ask many questions... but all that I got out of it was that I am to come back in exactly two weeks. Oh she also said that there is some hemorrhaging that is evident near the sac on the ultra sound. Another concerning thing.

In doing the math.. I have had a positive pregnancy test for over 2 weeks... so how could I possibly be only 4 weeks 6 days. Not to mention - the last time we had sex was January 21st. We didn't have sex after that because I had a funny feeling about the pregnancy and didn't want to shake anything up (weird logic maybe, idunno). They also have not done any bloodwork and insist that we don't need to do it until after the second ultrasound.

I haven't had many pregnancy signs... there hasn't been any bleeding accept very minimal spotting when I first found out I was prego... today I have been exhausted and nauseous all day. I'm thinking I may just be emotionally drained.I am just a mess over the whole thing and am going google crazy... and I thought I could maybe get some insight here. I would appreciate any comments.

Thank you so much.
Stressing is bad for you do maybe try to just say this is something out of your hands and if its meant to be then you will have your baby. Remember while ultra sound is fairly good they are machines and also the pple who interpret results are human and subject to errors too. A period is also not 100% reliable. If I rely on my lmp my due date is totally different from the ultrasound one and my doc said she wld use the ultrasound one.  Still my dates dont make sense to me but i have syopped stressing over it. All am saying is that there are uncertainties along the way so just relax.
Thank you Cher01. Heading out to ultrasound #2 right now.

I have felt pregnant in so many ways lately--- I really hope there was some human error on both counts, the ultrasound and my calculations...

We shall see, nervous and cautiously optomistic.... :x