Who is getting a flu shot?
Just wondering who has gotten and who plans on getting a flu shot? My dr. said to get one but the drive through clinic at the hospital wouldn't give it to me without his written consent, what's that all about? just wanted to get yall's thoughts on the shubject of flu shots during pregnancy.
It's been recommended at my HMO for ALL pregnant ladies.
I did get the flu shot on Oct. 5th . My doctor said it is highly recommended to get one.
It had no ill effects from the shot except a sore spot on my arm for 3 days.

Melissa V.

Liliana Sofia EDD 1/14/2007
My dr. highly recommended it and I got mine already.
I'm not getting one.  I've only got the flu shot once and I got sick.  I know there may be no connection, but I just think it's kind of weird.
They reccommend it because getting the flu while pregnant can be dangerous. It can cause high fever and pregnant women can end up with it turning into pheumonia easier than other people.

I refused it in my 1st 4 pregnancies and never got the flu. With my last pregnancy I got the shot. I ended up getting really sick with a flu even after getting the shot. I am sure it was a different strand of flu but still I thought it was weird that the time I got the shot was the only time I got sick.
See, I hear that over and over. The people that get the flu shot are the ones who get really sick. It happened to me, too. I never get sick but did the time I got the shot

I understand that the elderly and people that get sick easily probably need them, but I don't think I will get one next time.
I heard that too, a friend of mine got her and her son one last year and they were the ones to get really sick.  Me and my kids were not sick at all.
Me!  I'm getting one!  Not to sound excited about it or anything LOL
i def plan on getting mine-i work at a daycare and a grocery store so i am around a lot of people-its not available at my dr's untill november so i have to wait till then-i never got a flu shot in my life
It's funny that someone would post this after I JUST called yesterday to find anyone local who would be giving flu shots!
My OB recommended I get it, too. I had one years ago, and never got sick that year, but I don't usually get too sick anyway, besides the occasional head cold or sore throat.

It turns out a local grocery store (that also has a pharmacy) is having a flu shot clinic in a couple of weeks. The shots end up being $20. I'm trying to decide if I want to do it.
I don't work around kids, and rarely even the public, but I AM planning on traveling out of state in Dec. All the pit stops along the way (from SC to NY), and all the bathrooms I'll have to stop and use...I just wonder if it might be best for me since I'll be coming across so many germ filled places. Plus, I'll be around a lot of family and friends up there who just may happen to be sick while I'm visiting.

Ugghhh!! I hate trying to decide this! :-)
I have the flu shot every year due to my hasband being in the high risk group. He has a hole in his heart. My doctor has always been adament that I shouldn't get it while prggers. The risk far outway the benifit. So if I get preggers only Hubby and DD will get it this year. Double check with your doctor and ask him about the risks. Good luck.
I used to get sick at least once a year.  Last year I got a flu shot and was blessed for one whole year until the vaccine wore out a month ago.  Last week I just got one for the coming year.

According the the government, if you get the inactivated one, you can't get sick from it.  Since flu vaccine takes 2 weeks to become effective, you might have gotten sick from the time you got sick to the time it became effective.  Also, if someone pass the virus to you, it'll take a couple of days for symptom to show up anyway.

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/keyfacts.htm
I too got the flu shot a few years back and got really sick. I haven't had it since, and haven't had the flu since either. I don't plan on getting the shot this winter at all.
Hi. I don't know, it just seems to me that so many doctors are just plain paranoid and give overreactive advice to pregnant women...i actually had the flu with my second prgnancy , 2 weeks before his due date...without ever having taken the shot.  All was fine.