baby food
I was wondering when do you all think is the right time to start a baby on baby food and juice. My baby is 3 mnths and I was thinking about trying some with her.
I think its too early. I would wait till 6 months before making the intro then only on top of her breast milk or formula, not as a supplement. Different ppl do different things.
My baby's doc told me to wait as long as I can up to 6 months, and to start with rice cereal, because this way you are least likely to trigger food allergies;  apparently the baby's stomach is not fully developed for a while.  She said to  try that one thing and then move to something else after you are sure the first thing is not producing any allergies or other adverse effects.  Also, before a certain point the baby has a reflex for simply pushing the food out of their mouth.  The pedi also suggested moving to veggies after the cereal, rather than fruit, so the child doesn't start refusing other foods because fruit is sweeter.
all babies are different! if you feel she is getting enough formula or breastmilk then you should wait til she's atleast 4 months! when my daughter turned 4 months is when i started her on rice cereal and oatmeal.. she took really well to it.. it can also make some babys sick so if you try it then watch out for her bowel movement and stuff if their any change you should stop it could make her tummy upset. and my daughter is now 5 months and i just started her on veggies. doctors recommend wait til 6 months, but you can really start whenever you feel your baby is ready. if your family has a history of allergies to food then you should definately wait!
Annie- I gave DD veggies first and now at 9 months, she loves veggies and HATES fruit :(((
OP- I waited until DD was 7 months to give her anything.  Give your baby's stomach a chance to mature enough to break down food other than formula/breastmilk.