390596 tn?1200574551
breathing
i just noticed my little boy who is now 4 weeks old is breathing rather funny in his sleep.
verry heavily and his chest lifts and falls quite noticably.also he coughed a few times in his sleep too!his ose is also a little stuffy.
its day three now and its still the same.but not everytime he sleeps only sometimes
could this be serious though?
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
My baby did the same thing. It is very normal. Also, they cough and sneeze when they are young. I was worried too but was reassured it was ok.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
232328 tn?1207093671
This sounds exactly what my DD is going through right now. She breaths weird at night and has a stuffy nose almost every night. We went out and bought a cool mist humidifier and that seems to help alot. This is the 2nd night that she hasn't been stuffed up. I think it is normal for them to sneeze when they are this young. Its good for them. They are getting all of the "icky" stuff out of their system. I hope that helps. You know whenever you have a concern you should always call you doctor and ask a nurse. My DD is almost 5 weeks old and I have called her doctor like 5 times already with little stupid questions. LOL! Never feel dumb for asking questions.

xoxox,
Danielle
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
381551 tn?1208757643
Its very common for a little one to have a cold like this but its still a good idea to have them checked out by a doctor.  There are things like RSV and Roto virus that can show small signs at first and then progress!  No need to rush to the ER just check with your pediatrician to make sure!  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health: Postpartum Community Resources