cramps after ivf day 5 transfer and waiting the 2ww?
In case our 2ww group can't find us, because Nicki and LJ miss you - were here:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Fertility/messages/3022.html
Thank you so much for both your replies. I live in Ireland and I think we do things a little different over here, I don't actually get a blood test, the procedure is I do a hpt sixteen days later unless you get your period first! I was only day 7 today after the 5 day transfer and you are so right devistated I really wish I didn't. I cried so much and felt terrible and now am clinging onto hope that it was too early. My cramps are still there not as bad though, the doc advised I could take painkillers but I didn't. Its funny before you actually start trying to have children you really don't think this lies ahead of you. My condition is endometriosis on my ovaries. Its hard when it seems to effortless for friends and family and you just wish that was you and its even harder when you manage to get pregnant but it doesn't last. Ok I am going to stop feeling sorry for us all and starting feeling hopeful, we can do it!!!
Wow--Ireland!!  That is so cool, can't say I have ever talked with anyone from Ireland, but anyway...So they don't give you a blood test???  That is really different and you have to do an HPT on day 16 unless you get your period first??  I truly commend your bravery, b/c I don't know if I could do it that way.  Do they have you on Progesterone shots at all, over here I started them on the day after my transfer.  They are painful but they keep you from starting your period (at least if things turn out negative) until you've had time to cope with the shock.  I don't know which is worse??    I guess I just don't understand the process you had to go through, if you don't mind (not to painful) explain how they do it over there.  As far as the endometriosis, can they not operate to remove some of it?  I have 2 friends that had it and they operated on them and both eventually conceived (one naturally--one ivf)?  If I am being to personal just tell me to shut up and I won't go there.  

Hey, don't feel sorry about the negative result it could have just been to early, but cry as much as you want b/c I have learned that it so helps deal with the feelings.  Keep in touch and lots of prayers your way!!!  
Ladies, I love this site, it really calms the nerves. Hopefulx Wow Ireland, I like Erica have never spoken to anyone in Ireland. Awesome!!!!!! That explains why you have to wait 16 days to take a test. A hpt will definitely work on day 16. Again I wish you luck. When do you test again? I also am curious how your cycle works in Ireland. "Start feeling sorry for us and start feeling hopeful" I agree "we can do it." Keep up the good thoughts. Talk to you soon.

Erica, You are so young and you have been through some hard times. You sound like a strong woman. I did some reading on the lining thickness and all says above 7 is good. I am only around 5. Not good. Something hit me earlier. I was bleeding for two weeks starting the day b-4 I started Lupron. 1st week not so much, but bleeding, 2nd week full blown period. I asked the doctor what was up and they told me that it just meant my lining was very thin. I was also told that some people just bleed on Lupron. No worries. Wrong, I worried every day and prayed every night that it was gonna be OK. Now it makes sense to me. My lining was so thin it's just taking longer to get thicker. I've never had any problems with my lining.
So you have a 17 year old. Whats that like? I am close to my brothers and sisters, there are 5 of us. They all have children and my little sis is now pregnant with her first. Kind of weird that I'm the only one out of 5 that is having trouble having children. My sisters kids are my heart. (they all are, but they need me more, my sister is a single parent) My nephew is 16 going to turn 17 and I put him through driving school. He can drive on his own on Mischief Night, His birthday. Her middle child is 13 and he IS my heart. He can get anything he wants from me. Then she has a daughter 11. She is attached to my sisters butt. HA HA. My husband and I are both in Law Enforcement and so is my little brother. I am from New Jersey and I have two dogs that I treat like kids. My mother passed away in 1999 and one of my dogs Pebbles was hers, I bought her for my mom when I was in the Training Academy in 97. Sonny is my boy and we bought him to keep Pebbs company. Now they are best friends forever. That's my life story.
Linda-Well actually my oldest is 14 sorry I had him when I was only 17.  He doesn't live with us, b/c when he turned 13 he was able to chose who he wanted to live with (wonderful state of Georgia law), so he went to live with his dad, who lives with his parents.  Kody is the oldest and we use to be close until the break up of his father and mines relationship and then his father made sure he got at least one of his kids on his side (nasty seperation).  I don't fight dirty, but they do and I just wanted my son to be happy, and he is happy where he is and he comes home every other weekend.  My two little ones keep me busy they both play ball, (we had back to back games tonight) and they are my life much like your nieces and nephews are to you.  Sounds like you love them all so very much and they seem very lucky to have someone like you in their lives.  I would have killed to have a sister like you when I was a single mom.  I have 2 brothers one older one younger, and they have their own families, all girls so all nieces for me.  Good luck to your little sis, and it will happen for us, I just know that it will.  
WOW Law Enforcement, that must be so exciting, to tell you the truth I had only the mental health part of my police application then off to the Academy, when my daughter died and I would have been right there with you.  Guardian Angel your way for protection of you and your family each day you go out for all of us!!  I am so sorry to hear about your mom, I can honestly say I don't know how you do it, if it weren't for my mom I don't know what I would do, but you have her baby to love you.  I hear you about the dogs.  I have three--two I got when I miscarried, it helped to ease the pain.  Boy now I would love to go back and rethink b/c they both just absolutely adore my husband-hee hee!!  They are French Bulldogs and such clowns (Casper and Milly-bro and sis) My one little dog Ginger is still just my baby, she knows when I am sad and she is always there.  Amazing how animals just know when you need them.  I am from way down south in Georgia and I will honestly say I am a BIG FAT REDNECK!!  
As far as the lining thing, well now wonder your lining is so thin, you bleed like a stuck pig on Lupron (don't we just love the drugs).  I have to say I must have been lucky b/c I did not bleed on Lupron.  But sounds like you are well on your way to a healthy full lining ready for implantation, so don't get discouraged.  I was so excited to hear back from you, and I to just love this site b/c like you said STRESS RELIEF!!!
Hello Ladies,

It was good to hear from you both. I laughed when I read where you had said the doctor said no worries, if it was only that simple!! When they transfered my blastocyst on the 15th Sep they told me it was a 'little' fragmented but not to worry!!! Ha ha, of course that was all I could think about so straight home to internet where I spent hours looking up everything on fragmentation. Ok the procedure over here for me was day 1 I started taking 4 prognynova tablets every evening (they are HRT). Day 12 get lining checked, once ok thaw FE's. At this point I also had to start using progesterone gel every morning and evening aswell as taking my four tabs. I had three thawed and one turned into blastocyst. Day 17 transfer was done. Continue taking 4 tabs each evening & gel morning and evening. So now I am day 8 after the transfer. By my accounts my period would be due this Friday although they told me not to test until day 16 tomorrow week!!!  I guess they imagine if I don't get my period by then I could be pregnant. On my first IVF attempt I had to get shots too which I remember as being painful. I have to say with FE cycle its a lot less invasive! I hope I didn't confuse you both but that is pretty much how it works in Ireland for a frozen cycle. I must say I much prefer your way, at least with a blood test you would know sooner. The HPT I did on Monday comes in a twin box so I am really thinking of doing the second one in the morning. I am still getting cramps though. My endometriosis was treated however they said it can still cause unexplained infertility. I am so sorry but I am not sure at what stage of the process you are both at, I did look back over everything written but am still a little unsure. thanks!
Hopefulx--it was so great to hear from you.  I was worried that you could have fallen into the pit of despair after Mondays results.  Glad to see that your head is up high and you are still with us on this journey.  Well to answer you about my personal ivf cycle, this go round which is number 4, I had to start all over with a fresh one.  I took the follistim pen shot once daily in pm for several days and then I started Ganirelex shots in am for 2 weeks until they harvested 21 eggs, but only 12 survived fertilization.  All my embies but one made it to blastocyst this time and they put two in and froze 9.  One was to weak and discarded.  They transfered last Wednesday and they will draw blood this Friday the 26th to see if I am pregnant. I have been on progesterone shots since day after egg retrieval.  My last frozen cycle started with Lupron shots in am, Estrace tablets 2 three times daily, then transfer, then progesterone shots until blood test two weeks after transfer.  TO MANY FREAKING SHOTS!!!  I feel like a pin cushion these days, my butt is swollen on both sides from the shots and I pratically sleep with my heating pad.  I am so ready for Friday, but not really b/c I am so very scared it did not take this time.  I just have a gut feeling, and today I had a horrible headache that I could not get rid of, which is the kind I usually get right before my period.  I am so stressed and down.  I don't blame you if you want to test again tomorrow, but please don't get down if they are not what you expected.  Just hold your head up high and continue to hope until Friday.  I hope to hear from you again soon and GOOD LUCK if you test in the am.  PRAYERS YOUR WAY!!!

Linda--How are you doing today??  I guessed you were working today, and I was wondering how you were feeling.  When do you retest the lining, this week??  Have they said anything about a possible transfer day??  I am so hopeful that your doctors appt will go great, and you will have fattened up the lining and will be transfering soon!!!  Then we can comfort you on your 2ww, like you have us.  A chat will just be a click away.  

I have to say today has been really tough for me.  Like I said to hopefulx, I had a horrible headache that I could not shake today, and it is the kind I get right before my period starts.  I have had a discouraging feeling that it did not take this time and I am afraid of the results...I have tried to remain strong, but like you know each cycle breaks me down a little more then the last time.  Last time was such a blow to get pregnant and then miscarry after all the hard work.  I just know that I am feeling anxiety about the up and coming test day, but I can honestly say that today I have just broke down and cried, wondering why it has to be so hard???  I just needed to vent a little and hope that I did not discourage you in the process.  Hope this note finds you in good spirits and I will chat with you soon!!!!
Hi Ladies,
Hopefulx Your cycles are a little different than ours. Maybe the medications are called something different????? (but mean the same thing) IVF should be the same no matter where you live. I am currently on a FET cycle, I started a Lupron shot on Sept. 1 and I started to take a pill (estrace) on Sept. 7th. Last Wed. I put a patch on my butt (estrogen patch called clamera) I go to the RE every 5 days to monitor my lining. I go back Friday to see if my lining is thick enough to transfer on Monday---through Wednesday. Not sure right now what day. This is my third IVF attempt (1st frozen attempt) I only have 3 frozen embies. All frozen on day 6. (8 cells) So this leaves me approximately 3 weeks behind you guys. I pray that we all have the same outcome. Baby Baby Baby (or BABIES) Your gonna test again in the morning? I don't blame you, if I had a hpt just sitting there staring at me, I would do it to. Go for It. Let us know what the outcome is. Good Luck. Linda

Sasygirl, Hello our FREAKING out friend. Listen, try to put an ice pack on your head for the headaches. I got them really bad last IVF and I mean like MIGRAINE type headaches, and I was afraid to take something cause I thought I might be prego. Anyway I have an ice pack that is soft and it molds to the shape of my head. I put it on my forehead and on the back of my head above my neck. It numbs your head and the headache goes away. (of course you should try to fall asleep with it) I really feel ya with the anxiety to. It is terrible and there is nothing that can take that away. Try to think good thoughts, not discouraged thoughts. Ya know the progesterone could be giving you the headaches also, it doesn't necessarily mean your period is coming. I did work today and I'm off on Friday, that's when my next appt. is. As far as how I'm feeling I'm glad you asked. I feel like a big fat steroid pimple face, large, huge, puffy, emotional, crazy, dizzy, sick to my stomach girl. I woke up that way this morning, I guess when the doc increased my meds it made me feel like this. I never get pimples and today you could play connect the dots on my face. (I mean never get pimples, No lie) Well I hope I made you smile. Don't be sad. Hang in there and I'll talk to you soon.
Linda--you made me laugh so hard right then, b/c funny you should say something about pimples.....i have been playing connect the dots since last friday.  DARN HORMONES SUCK!!!!  I have gained 15 additional pounds I really didn't need before the holidays and on top of that my butt is swollen bigger b/c of shots....the fertility life is such high!!!  Thanks so much for the laugh, and I am really glad to know that I am not the only one feeling so lovely these days!!!  Feel better!!

Erica
Hi girls,

I am six days post transfer, i did a test on the fifth day and it was negative.  I have had bad cramping on and off since, feel very negative and emptional.   I am every day looking for symptoms that its taken and none yet.

Can anyone help.

Louise
Erica, don't feel bad about the headaches as devistated said it could be the meds. On my first IVF attempt I had terrible headaches and I turned out to be pregnant!! I know how you feel though we tend to obsess about every little thing but sure who can blame us? I am saying big prayers for you for Friday, I really really am. For me I may not know for definite on Friday as I may not get my period and as I was told to test next Wed I may have to wait till then to get another negative! I did the second one this morning and still the same. I want to call the clinic and ask how soon I could do another FE cycle (have 3 left) but they will think I'm crazy haven't even finished this cycle yet!! Does you know how long you should wait in between? At the moment I am trying to clean my house (on vacation from work) but can't concentrate on anything and am having little crying outbursts. Wouldn't it be great if they could put us asleep for the 2ww and then wake us with a yes or no! Anyway you hang in there, we are with you all the way.                                              Devistated, Friday is your day too and I will be praying that you will be ready for your transfer. Its funny I think I would love to be at that stage so I can hope again, I really feel this chance is over for me. Buy hey there will be more 'chances'!!  I completely empathise with you on how you look/feel. I left for my vacation looking slimish with clear skin and am going back to work looking fat and spotty!! I don't fit into any of my clothes, the irony is I'm sure people will think I'm pregnant! please keep in touch. This really helps!                                                                                                                                                                          Lou, I really think it was way too early to do a test and I'm sure the other girls will agree with me. It might not have yet even implanted and when it does implant it takes another few days for your body to start secreting the HCG hormone. I too am having bad cramping and I did have it too although honestly not as bad on my first IVF attempt and that was successful. I looked up cramping in early pregnancy and in some of the forums some girls said the cramping was so bad they were taking painkillers thinking their period was coming and when it didn't arrive they did pregnancy tests and they were positive! Also the meds might be causing the cramps.  The 2ww is horrendous, I know exactly how you are feeling. Hang in there! Is this your first IVF attempt?                                                                      
Update! I just called the clinic and they advised me that I won't get my period until I stop taking my meds so I do have to wait until sixteen days after the transfer to carry out HPT and if negative then stop taking meds, I should get withdrawal bleed in about a week. Sixteen days is not until next Wednesday!!!  I told her I did HPT today and she said it was too early. I am day 9 post transfer. She told me that they had someone who did a HPT on day 12 and it was negative so she stopped taking her meds and it turned out she was pregnant. I don't know what to think except this is torture! As I did blast transfer should I not know earlier as it was two days more developed than usual ET? Ok I need to start thinking about something else.. as if!
Hey Welcome,

I know how you feel when you say that you are so negative and emotional.  We all know how you feel.  I am currently in the 2ww and will test on Friday.  Question for you, did you do a  5 day blast transfer or 3 day?  I believe that you probably tested to early and the cramps you are feeling could be what they call implantation cramping.  I can't say for sure but they say they feel like you are fixing to start your period kind of cramps.  I don't know if that is what you are having, but they can occur anywhere from 4 days post transfer on.  Our minds play such cruel tricks on us while we are waiting this out, meaning that you are probably thinking that it might not have worked because of the negative HPT and now the cramping.  Truth is we won't know until we have the blood test done and the doctor confirms the results.  As a friend told me this week, if you can stand to wait it out, do it b/c if you retest on an HPT and it is negative you will be believing that it didn't work, when in fact it might just be to early to know for sure.  Keep your head up and think hopeful thoughts, b/c right now that is all we can do.  GOOD LUCK AND PRAYERS YOUR WAY!!!  Keep writing b/c it is a wonderful stress relief to talk to others that are struggling just like you.  Hope to hear from you soon, and stop worrying!!!!

Sasygirl

Hey,

How are you feeling???  Sounds like you are going crazy just like me.  I was so happy to hear from you again, was worried about you retesting this morning.  REMEMBER CRYING IS GOOD!!!  You are sounding so negative though which is not good...listen at me b/c I was crying the negatives yesterday.  HEE, HEE, we are just emotional wrecks.  I don't think you are crazy wondering when you can restart, I think you have it in your head that it didn't take and we can't think that b/c hope is all we have!!!  But to answer your question, over here I had to wait until I had a period, and then when I got my next period I started my next round of drugs for a frozen cycle.  I don't know if that is how they do it over there.  I actually was wondering the same as you about doing a blast transfer.  I feel like we should be a couple days ahead of the game, but we also have to remember that our bodies are all different and we just don't know when implantation happens and when HCG starts showing up in our urine.  You are suppose to be on vacation young lady, so why don't you plan a day trip of sorts with you 20month old for tomorrow and that will help keep you mind off of everything, (if only for the day).  Today I took in a movie with a friend and it really helped, along with chatting with you guys, I am feeling encouraged by our conversations b/c I know that I am no longer alone in this battle.  

STOP BEING NEGATIVE, think baby thoughts for all of us and surely we will all be blessed in the end!!!!  Oh also, if you like to read, which I have become obsessed with recently, I am reading a wonderful series on vigilante women that is funny and vindicating for women, it will make you LOL!!  Reading has helped me keep my mind off things to some degree.  PRAYERS YOUR WAY!!!

Erica
Hey, hope your day today was better then yesterday.  I hope you are feeling better also.  I just wanted to drop you a line to say that I was thinking about you and hope that the meds are not messing with you to badly today.  Thanks for the support yesterday, and the laugh, I so needed it.  Hope all is well on your front and will chat with you later...I am in the middle of a great book series that has me hooked so bad I am on the 5th both out of 9.  Prayers your way!!!  
Oh my god, I just got invited to a baby shower for a friend, which is being given by my sister-in-law.  My mom thinks I should go with her, I think it might be to hard.  WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK???  What would you do???  I don't know if I am ready to go through that yet???  ADVICE NEEDED!!!

Erica
Erica, I think you should go to the baby shower and rub all over the pregnant girl. Ha Ha, No really if it's to hard for you politely decline the invitation. I wouldn't be in the mood to do a baby shower at this time either. I don't think it's rude or anything, it's just you should do whatever you feel you can handle. I feel better today, I think its the first day when I change the patch I think it's at its strongest and it makes me feel crappy, I change it every 5 days. I still feel fat and ugly and I swear today I had the worst hair day in my life. Prayers back at ya!!!!!

Hopefulx, No wonder why your freaking out. You want to know on Friday and if it's negative you should try again on Wednesday? (if you don't get a period) Tons of extra stress, I couldn't do it. Thank god we do blood tests over here. Your doctor never does a blood test? Not even when a urine test comes up positive? I can tell you that I did a fresh transfer in July and tested August 18 (negative) Got my period on August 18th and I started my Frozen cycle on September 1st. (meds) I started the ultrasounds and blood work on September 12th. So over here we can start a frozen cycle right away, after your  period. I hope that I explained it right. Bottom line to answer your question you only should have to wait 1 period before you do the next cycle. I also wanted to tell you that I took a 2 week vacation on my last transfer and I regretted it. I will never do it again. I drove myself crazy and I didn't want to do anything but rest (thinking it would work if I rested for two weeks.) All I did was google everything I felt and obsessed on this computer about IVF. 24 hrs a day for two weeks. Horrible time. So I personally do not recommend any vacation time during this 2ww. (except the transfer day and two days after) Hope you feel better, I also read a lot on cramps after IVF and It boils down to everyone is different, you wont know for sure what it means. CRAZY I know but what can we do?  Hang in there and I will cross everything I can for you guys on Friday. Promise.

Louielou123, Hello, Glad you wrote. I did a hpt on day 6 also after my last transfer and it was negative, I wish I never did it, cause right away I was sick to my stomach. I was negative for the rest of the time. It is important for you to realize that it's OK to be negative and the results depend on so much. Did you do a "trigger shot"? I also can tell you that I was pregnant two times before (both ended tubal) and I did hpt and they said negative. I only showed positive on a blood test. Weird, Huh. and yet I still do hpt every time I do IVF. When is your test? On my last transfer I had a pinkish discharge starting on around day 4 and lasting up until day 10 then it turned brownish discharge then a full blown period. At first I thought it was implantation bleeding. I have done fresh IVF twice and both times were completely different. I wish I had answers for you but for now all we can do is compare the "horror" stories with each other. Good Luck and keep in touch.
Hi Girls,
It is really good to hear from you both. I tried to logon last night and for some reason the PC wouldn't turn on well I was like a lunatic trying to get it going and finally had to give it up. This morning (its 10am) it worked!! Even my own PC was against me yesterday! I would be lost without you guys at the moment. After reading your replies I don't feel so alone in this stupid process.  Devistated you are so right I would NEVER do this on vacation again, I thought it would be easier as I could get more rest etc and all I have had time to do is stress!! I really wish they did blood tests here, I don't known why they don't. I'm going to ask the next time I visit the clinic. And yes google and I are very good friends at the moment!
Erica, I am taking your advice and my husband and I are going to a movie today, a funny! I also need to buy new some new work clothes to disguise my swollen stomach before people starting asking the inevitable. Erica about the baby shower I'm not sure what you should do. Just after I had a tubal my husbands niece was being christened and I debated on going, I did it in the end and it was fine. However is saying that to be honest I didn't see much of the baby and we weren't opening presents with loads of baby stuff in them! It might be too hard right now for you. I was due to have a friend over for lunch this Saturday and cancelled as I'm really not up to much company right now and she doesn't know that I'm doing IVF. I got a text yesterday from a friend of mine saying her sister was pregnant and even that hurt!! I'm thinking really good thoughts for you though and I am hoping and praying that tomorrow I am going to hear some great news from you. I will pray hard tonight for you.  I think I am going to re-test on Sat. As they told me in the clinic I am not going to get my period until I stop my meds so I will have to wait until next Wed and just keep testing. Devistated I am also praying that you are going to be really think tomorrow so you can start your 2ww soon and we'll be with you all the way!!
I wonder people going through 2nd or 3rd IVF fresh cycles, how much it will cost as hardly any insurance cover IVF. Any comments please...
First of all WELCOME!

If you are currently looking into the ivf process, please keep in touch on this forum, b/c we all love talking about our different experiences and it really helps with the emotional stress.  I hope the following helps some, but remember it is only my personal experience.

My personal experience with the cost of a fresh cycle is as follows:
1st cycle deposit of 10,250.00 (no meds covered)
1st cycle meds were 4500.00
frozen cycles were deposits of 3400.00
meds costing 1000.00

My second fresh cycle was the same, and I am from Georgia.  I think it is different in different areas, but the costs are high, but the outcome is worth it, if the end result is a baby!!!  GOOD LUCK!!  Hope to hear from you soon!!

Sasygirl
Hey,  So glad to hear from you too!!  I am also so glad you are taking in a movie today with your husband, laughter is a good therapy.  I took in a funny yesterday and I was amazed to see that I really didn't ponder on things at all.  It was such a stress relief.  I have to admit today I slept until 12.00 noon.  I don't remember the last time I did that, probably when I was a teenager.  I guess I didn't realize how tired I was.  I was embarrassed when my husband called and said your still in the bed, ha, ha, ha!!!  Shopping for new clothes, (no matter the reason) is always fun also. I bought some new lounging clothes, b/c I am so bloated and areas that weren't so curvy, are now very, very curvy and makes for a tight fit.  I have to admit, I am a stay at home mom and comend you guys for working through the process.  I am going crazy since I quit my job 2 years ago.  I have thought about taking a part time job, but that is so hard with kids, b/c here retail is all that is hiring for the holidays, and with kids that is so hard not to mention all the doctors appt's lately.  I think that if this round doesn't take I will be taking a break until after the holidays b/c they are stressful enough.  I did a cycle last year during the holidays and I was a horrible wreck.  What do you think???  I want it so bad and tomorrow's news can't come quick enough.  I know you all know how I feel, and I am hoping and praying for all of us!!!  Thank you for the advice about the baby shower,  I thought about it and I think it might just be to difficult right now, b/c I would be wishing it was me, and that would not be fair to her.  Hope your movie date was a good one, and look forward to hearing from you!!!  PRAYERS YOUR WAY!!!