due date miscalculated
I lost my first child at 4 months last year. My husband and I tried for 7 months to conceive and finally did.   We are (what Ithought to be) 8 weeks pregnant.  However, last week (after some spotting) I went to the doctor who advised that he believes that I had an ectopic pregnancy.  He sent me for the hcg test and an ultrasound.  My hcg turned out to be 2950 and my ultrasound said that I was 5 weeks (just a sac).  The technician told me that it was too early to tell.  The doctor asked me to do another blood test two days later and the hcg was 3500.  He said that was positive but wanted me to do another hcg and one more ultrasound.  My Hcg  (3 days later) was 5860 which was exciting and I am starting to feel really naucious in the afternoons.  I have my ultrasound on Thursday (that will be 8 days from the last ultrasound) and I can’t sleep or seem to think about anything other than this child whom I already adore.  Is it possible that my dates are wrong?  I don’t think so because I had been tracking so closely.  Maybe I am only 6 weeks and not 8.  Has this miscalculation happened to anyone else?
Signed,.
Thankful for others like me.
Do you know exactly when you ovulated? My first ultrasound showed I wasnt quite as far as I thought because I ovulated late.(And I was on birth control so I know exactly when my period started) Also I was told ultrasounds can be off by 7 days either way. your hcg is going up and thats a very good sign, as is seeing a sac on the ultrasound. I think everything will turn out fine, I know it's hard (I had a miscarriage before I had my daughter) to do but try not to stress, it isn't good for you or the baby. I hope Thursday comes soon for you! Please keep us updated and let us know how it turns out
I didn't know that about the ultrasound being off 7 days either way.  I am pretty sure I know when I ovulate but wasn't taking temperatures, etc. so really it could be anytime.  Wow, your post is so positive.  Thank you!  I will let you know what happens on Thurs.
Yeah I heard that an ultrasound can be off by about 5 days.  Also you might of ovulated a little later than usual or it took it longer to implate, or a little of both.  Mine was off by two weeks.  Thought I should of been 6 and I was only 4.  Baby measured that way the whole pregnancy and now she is 10 months old and not a bit thing wrong with her.
This is my second pregnancy and this time, I was two weeks behind what I thought I was.  We corrected the due date early on, but maybe I just ovulated late.  Who knows?  But it does happen and that coupled with the ability for the ultrsound to be off, I would try to stay positive.   Sounds like everything is ok for the time being.  
I have heard of plenty of women being "off" on their due date via u/s. you may not have known when you ovulated especially since you were not keeping track. this can be common if your period is irregular as well. Waiting to hear about your u/s and praying for you!!!