Aa
A
A
Close
headaches after delivery of baby!!
Jus a quick question - Has anyone ever heard of increased migraine-like headaches after the delivery of a baby? Baby is almost 2 weeks old and has had headache for most..! Advil dosen't help nor does tylenol.  Any advice on this would be helpful.....Mother is 19, normal delivery...Baby 7 lbs 11ounces and born 1 week before due date.
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Did she have an epidural as this can sometimes cause headache after birth for quite a while I think. Good Luck
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Actually I live in a town that does not perform epidurals.! nice huh?  She had some pain meds during labour - i think gas - not sure !
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
281219 tn?1219118514
I had major headaches for quite a few weeks...happy to say they are all gone now and baby is 8 weeks. I haven't had them in quite some time so I'm thinking my headaches lasted for ~3-4 weeks. I even posted about it, too, because they were so bad. I had some pain meds left over from the hospital (had c-section) and I took one of htose when tylenol wouldn't work. My guess (uneducated guess) is that the headaches are hormone related but not sure.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
You know that is exactly what i was thinking....(hormone related)  haha...another wonderful side affect !  Body changes soo much after delivery and quickly as well. Thanks for the input! Any other ideas..?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health: Postpartum Community Resources