Women's Health: Postpartum Community
loss of one twin in early pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

loss of one twin in early pregnancy

wednesday july 16th we heard the heartbeats of two babies in my bell;we were 8 weeks and 5days pregnant. one week later there was only one heart beat. one of the twins has died within me. the other twin still has a strong heartbeat however i am starting to notice more signs of miscarriage such as slight lower back pain, slight abdominal cramps (light menstrual like cramps). i am wondering if this is still from the miscarriage of the first twin or could i be losing the second baby?
Tags: twins
i had the same thing during this pregnancy i lost one of the twins when i was about 10-11 wks and still had some cramping and bleeding for a little while after but the other baby was fine infact she is now almost 5 weeks old.
i would like to know if it is normal for hcg levels to drop slightly - from 93,500 to 92,400 in three days.....after a bleed. i lost one of twins and am still hoping for a healthy child.
Avatar n tn
Hey what did u do with the dead twin. Did u miscarry it or u waited for nine months