prediabetes
My son has had foamy urine for several weeks. At the doctors office, a dipstick test was taken and he found a trace of protein and a small amount of sugar. His fasting numbers are between 86 and 106 on the home monitor. His post meals seem to be normal. There is a strong family history of type 2 and 1. I am prediabetic type 2.
We have run a post meal lab after I fed him breakfast and the result was 87. However, I am unsure if the amount of food was equal to the normal ogtt test.
Should I be concerned? What else could cause sugar and protein in a 10 year old boy's urine? He has no symptoms of increased thirst or urination.
Well here's all I know.... if there is sugar in someones urine its because their sugar levels have been high for a couple days or more and their body is looking for a way to expel the sugar, but you say the levels are fine. So I don't know an explanation for that.

As for the protein in urine most doctors won't do anything about that unless protein is seen at least 3 times in someone's urine. Then it indicates there is something wrong with the kidneys.
http://kidneydiseases.about.com/od/proteininurin1/a/Overview0010.htm
There is a site that talks about it.
Good luck.