problem with bacterial vaginosis
I have had this for the 1st 3mths of my pregnancy and as far as i can understand its not a common problem.I have been to my local hosp for the tests and have been given the correct medication it seems to have gone but been told it can come back at anytime would just like to know if anyone else has had this in there pregnancy and if so what problems did they have. I  have been told the what can happen to my baby but at the anti natal clinic they put on my scan an emergency scan needed but its booked 5wks after i am getting worried when i dont feel my baby move im now 20wks and when i went 4 treatment the dr was surprised i had got this far all i can say my baby is a fighter as i feel off my horse at 5wks(DIDNT NO WAS PREG)and i have got this far!!! thanks welcome any advice anyone can give
Btw, I'm almost 32 weeks and the baby is kicking so hard I wish it'll calm down.  Doctor also said baby looks extremely healthy.  So I bet your problem will subside.
thanks for the advice i feel much better to hear from u i was told its not very commom by the std clinic, i ended up booking myself into as i had a sweep done by my mid wife and it came back ok but i new i was not!!! Think half of not feeling baby move is due to stress glad to hear all is well with u and your pregnancy and will try the treatment u advised thanks
Bacterial vaginosis is actually very common.  I had it since I was found pregnant the day after I missed my period and that's when I had a physical check-up.  I'm almost 32 weeks pregnant now and everything is fine.  The bacteria was kind of stubborn and took a few treatments to get rid of.  My OB said it helps if you take additional acidic food or simply an extra vitamin C pill.  Sometimes the best treatment is no treatment.  Now, I don't have the problem anymore.  It took up to middle of 2nd trimester for it to calm down.

Bacterial vaginosis doesn't really do as much harm as it sounds.  It does increase the chance of pre-term labor.  Given that I had a miscarriage before, that's why my OB was concern.  Otherwise OB sometimes don't even tell you you have it because it's so common.
What bacterial vaginosis and its effects on your body? Curious
Yeah, it's good to take extra measure when having sex with your partner.  Even though it's not proven that sex results in higher risk of the bacteria, but my OB said to avoid it while on the treatment.  Also, my OB said bacteria vaginosis is so common and it comes and goes for most people without knowing.  However, during pregnancy this is more common, occurring in about 15% of all pregnancy.  Don't know why, but it generally goes away eventually.

If this is your first pregnancy, you may not feel the baby until after 20th week.  Second time moms may feel it after 16 weeks.  In any event, your vaginal bacteria should go away after the treatment, but may come back and require more treatment.  Also keep in mind that the treatments have a side effect of yeast infection.  After my treatment, I got yeaast infection which I normally never have problem with.  Then the doctor prescribed more treatment, etc, etc.  But don't worry.  Keep bugging your OB if problem persists.  I'm perfectly fine now.
thanks every1 i have stopped using the cream as its made me very sore and itchy as far as i can tell its all gone and dont want it back!!! I will say u have all been more helpful with ur advice than the hosp/dr as they never said about stopping sex(dont think partner) would get anywhere near me with the discharge dont blame him i wouldnt have either.Its my 2nd baby so felt it kick early have now stopped worrying and calmed down now i no u have been ok with it and can now feel it moving so much more thanks have a nice day