spotting after misscarriage
I was only 3 weeks pregnant and it started with brown discarge. After two weeks it turned red and was told that I was misscarrying baby. Well it has been 6 weeks and spotting has gone back to a brown color. I have misscarried before and it was not like this, so when is it gonna end?????
Hi!
The two most common causes of brownish discharge are pregnancy and birth control pills.
Take a pregnancy test. If the test is negative then other causes have to be looked at. Other causes of brownish discharge are hypothyroidism, cervical dysplasia, cervical polyps, cervicits (inflammation of cervix), vulvovaginitis (inflammation of vulva and vagina), cervical and uterine cancer, uterine fibroids, hormonal imbalance, genital ulcers, STDs and stress. You can discuss these possibilities with your gynecologist as on net and without examining it is difficult to give a confirmed opinion. A PAP smear and a STD panel must be done too along with a pregnancy test. Take care!