sterilizing bottles
Hey girls
Just a question for the bottle feeders out there
What age do you stop sterilizing your baby bottles. My husband thinks Im crazy  sterilizing -  Cody is 3 and half months  He does stick his hands in his mouth (im sure arent clean but they are his germs) I think I sterilized until 6 months with my other 2  What are your thoughts???
Thanks to all who respond
I didn't bottle feed this one at all but I did with my 10 year old........If I remember correctly, I sterilized them before the inital use and then didn't do it again......I was never a germ freak (not that you are) but I am a firm beliver that if you keep your babies away from all germs that they will be sickly as small children.
My sister in laws sister sterilized EVERYTHING........bottles, toys, teething rings, clothes (how ever you can do that) after each and every use.........and her child was sick every time I saw her. She missed alot of school once she was school aged because of being sick all the time......
I believe there is a link there........some will not agree with me but as I said, I didn't sterilize with my kids and neither are "sickly"........the normal illnesses but nothing extreme....they don't get a cold and hold on to it forever.....they don't get alot of colds.....knock on wood, neither have had the flu this year (I know it is still flu season).....
Hope this helps!!
What I was getting at is that you have to expose your child to germs in order for them to become immune to them!!!!!!!!
I reread my post and realized that I left that out.....that is the sentence I most wanted to be in my post.....LOL
I agree with the above post. I am not a germ freak either. I did them the initial time and that was it. Sometimes I think the children who are too protected from germs get sick more often than the ones who are not.
i agree with the other 2 however i did sterilize nipples until after they were on primarily baby food....mainly to try and prevent thrush.

infact i think my new addition will either be very very healthy or very sickly.....her brother makes sure she is exposed to all kinds of germs..haha

~nanci
My DS is 6 yrs and I only sterilized the bottles/nipples before the 1st use.  You never know what could be on them from the factory.  I am 30 weeks and I plan on doing the same thing. :)
I read that if you use a dishwasher yuo don't need to sterilize.