Aa
A
A
Close
waiting after a natural miscarriage !
Hi girls,

I had a miscarriage 1 week ago. My first and hope the last. I was 6 weeks, it was really sad. I was very attached & exited about this pregnancy.
My HCG was low and started going down, after I started bleeding. it lasted like 4 days, and then stoped.
My body, started going back to normal.. just to know.. I would like to know, how long it's safe to wait ?
Does my husband need to use condom anytime before 3 months?
My doctor went away ..... and I have no idea what to do ?
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
189134 tn?1237729877
Sorry about your lose.  Well I am "waiting" to see if I will have a natural miscarriage or a DNC... hoping for neither but I guess I will wait and pray.  I was informed by my Doc that incase I do miscarry I should wait about 2-3 Menstrual cycles before trying again... so maybe your husband should use a condom to play it safe... good luck!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I M/C IN DEC. 06 , 2 MONTHS AGO, AND WE ARE TRYING THIS NEXT MONTH AGAIN...I WAS 6 WEEKS PREGNANT TOO!! I WAS ATTACHED , IT WAS MY FIRST , IT WAS DEVASTATING SINCE IT HAPPENED 2 DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS....BUT NOW WE HAVE WAITED FOR THIS DAY , TO TRY AGAIN.

I SUGGEST YOU WAIT A MINIMUM OF 2 MONTHS, MY HUSBAND DIDNT UE A CONDOM , BUT PULLED OUT EVERYTIME, BEFORE HE EJACULATED. IT WORKED FOR A YR BEFORE WE PLANNED TO GET PREGNANT.

YOU MUST WAIT AT LEAST 2 WEEKS BEFORE HAVING SEX , AFTER UR M/C....FOR FEAR OF INFECTION ...UR UTERUS IS HEALING SLOWLY AND ITS EASIER TO GET AN INFECTION , SO NO SEX FOR 2 WEEKS AFTER M/C AND NO TAMPON FOR 2 CYCLE, JUST WEAR PADS ...JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE.

I MADE MY HUSBAND WASH HIS HANDS WITH "ANTIBACTERIAL SOAP LIKE "DIAL" WHICH IS THE BEST !! HE WASHED HIS HANDS AND HIS PENIS BEFORE INTERCOURSE, JUST TO MAKE SURE I WOULD GET AN INFECTION...IT WORK WELL, IM COMPLETELY HEALED, AND WE ARE READY TO TRY AGAIN!

HOPE THIS HELPED!GOOD LUCK TO YOU

SHELLY
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
After my d&c in September, my dr. told me to wait at least one cycle.  I had a natural mc on February 8th and am trying again right away, although from opk's and bbt, I haven't ovulated yet or just may not ovulate this month.  A lot of posters say that their docs and midwives say it is ok to try again right away if you feel up to it after a natural mc.  My cousin, who is a midwife also advised me that it was ok to try again right away.  It seems to be more of a personal choice.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hi,

I have heard many things.  My doctor told me to wait 1 cycle before ttc again--but I think that is more for traking the date.  I went with my gut feeling that my body was ready--so we started ttc after the bleeding stopped.  I had a natural m/c and I bled for about a week and then I waited somne days before we ttc again.  I learned a lot from the ladies on this forum and decided to go with my gut.  I know that everything is in God's hands and whatever is meant to be will happen.  Say prayers--talking to God has helped me get through this.  Pryaers to you:)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thanks a lot ... I will go with my gut. I think that my body will tell me when I'm ready. I will definetly wait 1 cycle...
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
Women's Health: Postpartum Community Resources