~*** RED LUMP NEAR BIKKNI LINE SIZE OF QUATER HELP!!!!***~

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I have this hard red lump near my biknii line its about the size of a quarter(american) and its been here for about 2 weeks! sometimes its painful. painful when touched or pressed on. Im very worried. I have a aapt with my doctor but it wont till about a month.
any answers?
yeah..like the above poster said, it could be an infected hair follicle caused by an ingrown hair.  Call your doctor and try and get in sooner..if it's just an ingrown hair, it could heal on it's own..i've heard applying a warm compress will help it drain.  On the other hand, it could be an abscess...my sister had one in the same area you're describing and it sounds similar.  If it is an abscess, you will need anti-biotics for treatment.
Warm,moist compresses,and advil should help.
it could be an ingrown hair,which the above answers can help you with. I did know a girl who had a cyst in the same area she had to have surgically removed. I would go to the doctor just to check it out.
If your worried it's an std it probably isn't.  They tend to be on the genitals rather than the bikini line.  The others are right.  It is a common place for an ingrown hair or something of that nature.
i agree with the others, especially if you shave your bikini area, it's most likely an ingrown hair. I get them lil devils quite often. I hate them, their so ugly, it also scared the **** out of me the first time i got one, and i went to the dr and he said that was exactly what it was..so if i ever get them i just put hot compress on them and try and sqeeze it, it takes a lil while to go away, and sometimes leave a bit of a scar. ewww i know!
It could be an ingrown hair.
during pregnancy i got one and the dr said it was related to hormones???  it went away.  i agree w/ warm compresses.
ahh so I tried putting a hot wash cloth on it and it seemed to go down quiet a bit! thank you guys for the advice im hoping it will go away before I have an appt with my doctor. hopefully it wont leave an ugly scar if that is really what it is..
I think I have the same thing too! except my skin is kind of tearing a tiny bit since the skin on the inside of my thigh is rubbing on other skin.Is that normal for this sort of thing? Did this happen to anyone else?
I just noticed a small lump under the skin on my bikini line as well. It's a ball-like shape and fairly solid. I was freaking out at first! it comes and goes every few months and lasts for about 2- 3 weeks. I found this site..........http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/dermatology/a/sebaceouscyst.htm..  and it eased my worries a little bit. I'm so scared I'll have to get it removed though. Has anybody experienced this before? It's only tender when I touch it and its hardly noticable ( just a little bump on the surface but when you feel it, its definetly a ball under the skin. There are no sores outside the skin. Thanks for your help :)
Well, yes it could be an ingrown hair but it could also be something more serious such as HPV. Is the skin raised and rough? HPV is extremely common but don't worry too much because it can be treated. Some cases even clear up all on their own, however, if left untreated it can lead to cervical cancer. I suggest looking information about HPV up online and seeing if you're symptoms are similar. Also, see a doctor. It may be expensive but if it is something serious it will be worth it. Let's hope it isn't! Good luck!
iv had this lump for about four years now!!! keep going to docs and being told different things eg, ingrowing hair, sweat , weight!!! been to docs again today, given antibiotics,which dont work, they just give me upset stomach!!! also told to just grin and bear it!!!! Have been told that is a skin condition that is very hard to treat. as iv lost two and a half stone cant see how it is weight, I do shave down there but not in that area,and am very clean. doc told me to shave that area very short and to wear mens tight boxer shorts! so everything iv read on here today seems to conflict. when it comes up again im going straight to A+E!!!!!!
I seem to be having the same problem I am also 6 months pregnant which is worrying me. It is not an STD because I got checked for everything at the begining of my pregnancy just to be safe but it is this ball around my panty line which isn't too painful but my panties irritate it and it keeps getting bigger no matter what I do. I have tried warm compresses, popping it, and even wart remover as recommended by the nurse I spoke to over the phone. I have an OB appointment September 1, could it wait or should I try to get in sooner?
I have a huge lump/bump on my panty line too it hurts also wen touched or trying to pop it and it not a pimple because it is the size of a quarter or possibly bigger and i get them all the time but i wanna know what it is and why do i get them #hellp !!