Women's Health Community
pelvic inflammatory disease an uterus inflammatory
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pelvic inflammatory disease an uterus inflammatory

i found out Friday that i have pelvic inflammatory an uterus inflammatory, iv had the pain for a very long time now my doctor put me on medz as we thought it was a eptopic pregnancy but as tests came back im not pregnant so shes treating me for pelvic inflammatory disease an uterus inflammatory. how did i get this? as me an my partner have been together for 2 an a half years an have a baby together which is 15months an was born by c-section an ever sense then iv had this problem plus blood in my urine which is unexplained for. iv been on antibiotic sense Wednesday an then was put on different antibiotic on Friday which was very strong an knocked me around. nut the pain isnt slowing down if anything its getting worse. im unsure of what to do anymore. an weather to wait.

Could This inflammatory disease have been from my c-section
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
Chlamydia is one of the commonest reasons women get pelvic inflammatory disease, it's a sexually transmitted infection but not one you would ordinarily think of as an STD.  It's not the only way women get pelvic inflammatory disease, though.  Sometimes just a bacteria happens, and travels up the vagina into the uterus and from there on up.  BV (bacterial vaginitis) is also sometimes a reason for pelvic inflammatory disease.  I guess it is possible to get PID after a C-section, but presumably you were on antibiotics after the C, so my thought is that it is not from that.  Probably your partner should be tested for gardnerella (the bacteria in bacterial vaginitis) and chlamydia, if tests are available for those things, and/or treated along with you, so there will be no chance of passing anything back and forth.
Blank
me an my partner have both been checked for STD.
we have been with any body else there isnt a chance to we are always together.

i wasnt but on antibiotics after my c-section

so sence iv started my antibiotics should my pain be getting worse
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
Talk to your doctor, hon.  And be sure you were both tested for chlamydia and gardnerella, not just STDs.
Blank
im going through the same thing had a c selection a year ago  having pain to
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949