1 1/2 weeks late period. Now spotting and thick blood clots

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

My last period was from Sep. 6-11. Now I am having large blood clumps with a thick mucus, occassionally through out the day and much abdominal pain. I have been off of birth control since June of this year and have had normal cycles since. I have been under a lot of stress lately and am wondering if that could be the cause. I mainly have bleeding when I go to the restroom for a bowl movement but the bleeding is not from that area. It is direcly from my vagina. I have a friend that said she had similar symptoms when she had a miscarriage. Could this be the same case or is it just from stress????

Please respond ASAP,
ChelsG
Avatar n tn
it could very well be a miscarriage i had 4 of them and sounds like what your having
the clots are bog and plop out and cramps are very strong i felt very weak from losing lots of blood call your dr and ask them to do a beta test its blood work that will tell you if you have any pregnancy hormone in your system
let me know if you have any other questions , hope that helped you
Avatar n tn
My husband has not stayed in me in order for me to get pregnant. He always pulls out with enought time before he cums. Is there a possibility that it could be anything else?

ChelsieG
Avatar n tn
You can still get pregnant from the pull out method! Go get a blood test done to rule out pregnancy. It sounds to me that you could be pregnant. You have to be careful if you are possible miscarrying.I am not a doc but i would go see you doc ASAP!
Avatar n tn
I actually have a doc apt. tomorrow @ 10:30 but I wanted to see if I should go to ER. I started having the spoting on Friday afternoon and I have gradually started having more spotting and hurting more over the weekend.
You need to be very careful about the amount of blood that you are losing.  Only you know how much blood it is...is it more than during an actual period?  They can do a blood test on you in the ER to check your blood count.  Just be careful.  Could you call your doc and request an appt. today?  Not trying to scare you, but blood loss is a serious thing.  You could become anemic and very tired--have you been feeling sluggish, or is your skin paler than normal?  (I had to have 3 transfusions b/c of bleeding after childbirth, so I'm familiar with the signs of anemia...)  Just call your DR and let them know your symptoms.
Good luck...MH
I'm suppose to have my period right now but instead all I'm getting is spotting. I did a slight big blood clot. I don't know if this is normal.  I have been spotting for 2 days now. My period was normal last month. Is there any opinions on this matter?
I HAD A PERIOD AND HAD ALOT OF BLOOD CLOTS THEY WERE HUGE AND I CRAMPED DURING MY PERIOD THE WHOLE TIME. IS THAT A SIGN OF A MISCARRIAGE?
I have been sterilised and quarterized as well and I had sex with my partner my period was 2weeks late and I'm always on time never late maybe 1 or 2 days late but never over 2 weeks I've now come on very heavy getting a lot of cramps headaches and a lot big blood clots I never get these might have slight small ones but not like this why am I getting these 3 days into my period it's still happening why is this please x
Did you figure anything out? I was 15 days late and I just started my period last night. Lots of blood clots and very light pink blood.
Anyone find out what it was? I was 2 weeks late went to the dr and found out I had an ovarian cyst and a sac in my uterus (preg blood & urine tests showed not prego)- then I started getting brown & pink discharge and then after two days the discharge stopped (or maybe it was my period -it was a lot lighter than my reg period but it's possible) but now I'm just passing clots, at first it was dark reg ones, biggest was the size of a nickel, now, the past two days I'm passing just tiny brown clots (doesn't fall onto the pad just see it in the toilet after I pee- sorry if TMI)

Anyone have anything similar? Is this just what it's like to pass an ovarian cyst?

mhv commented on photo
KeeLolo commented on photo
Sheaby commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals