11 cm Ovarian cyst.

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

11 cm Ovarian cyst.

I have an 11 cm ovarian cyst that was discovered last August. It grew very fast according to my doctor so he scheduled me for bloodwork and surgery on Dec 4. They actually have to squeezed me in their schedule since the hospital is fully booked. I'm just waiting right now. 3 weeks ago, after they've done the CA-125 check, they said my cyst is benign. I'm aware that the CA-125 is really not that accurate in detecting whether a cyst is cancerous or not.  Lately I am feeling sick. There are also times that it feels I have a fever then it will go away. Recently some back pains also. I'm aware my tummy is getting bigger too.

Considering the symptoms, is this something I should worry about or is it just normal? It is not that easy to schedule an operation or surgery, specially here in Canada. I'm aware of that. I want to go to the emergency, but I'm not sure if I should go since they gave me a scheduled surgery already and I just need to wait. Going to a walk-in clinic is not an option either for I have done that. The doctor in the walk-in clinic only suggested to go to the emergency if I feel it is getting worst or I feel like vomiting or in extreme pain. As much as possible, I don't want to wait till that happens because I leave alone. I just need some of your opinion on this.
AnnieBrooke commented on Jade59's status
36 mins ago
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
gymdandee commented on  Herbs and Spices Low...
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals