11 days of menstruation

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

11 days of menstruation

Has anyone experienced alot of days of menstrual bleeding?  If so, how many days and did you figure out why?

Today is day number 11 for me.  I begin counting the first day I spot as day one and today is day 11 for me.

PLEASE. ANYONE.  HELP in responding to this.

THANKS!
I saw your other post yesterday, but did not respond because I have no answers.  I'm sorry.  Please don't feel ignored.  :-( It's just that usually when no one responds, it's because no one has any information.

11 days does certainly sound excessive, and should be discussed with your doctor.

Good luck!

I just wanted to add my take on this:  premenstrual spotting does occur somewhat commonly for various reasons (often hormonal, sometimes endo, etc.) and from what I have read when researching fertility for my own situation, spotting should not be counted as actual menstruation.  

I spot for about 3 days prior to AF, but when I actually start, I get the cramps and real blood.  I wouldn't have counted my spotting as my actual AF -- but just my warning that it is on its way.

Anyone will tell you that you should visit your doctor in any case to determine the cause -- which is a good idea.  In the meantime, try not to worry too much and keep in mind that there are MANY causes for this that are commonly experienced.
Give yourself some time. According to my doctor, it is perfectly normal to have the odd period that is different than normal. Wait to see if it stops. If it persists for 2 weeks or longer, get checked out as you could be at risk for anemia. In the meantime, drink plenty of water and try not to worry. It is likely nothing but a glitch in your cycle this month.
6 long weeks in the middle of summer... I bled,and bled, and BLED. It really sucked, and I went to the OB/GYN, He put me on birth controll, told me to start with 2 pills for 3 days, and if it didn't stop then to move up the number of pills per day by one. I was at 5 pills perday for about 2 days before it stopped. *yeck*! Good luck to you though!
Hiya,
I used to get really heavy periods when i was younger and my doc put me on the pill but now im trying for a baby I cant have anything to control my sometimes excessive bleeding and it scares me! That is why I am on here this time of night as I had a HyCosy mid month and my tubes are fine amd my periods are always spot on but this month its like somethings burst inside me as when i wipe there is handfuls of blood but no clumps like my miscarriage 2 years ago!  It is getting to the point that i have to have time off work time of the month as i get so weak and dizzy from the amount of blood I lose and then i cry cos im not pregnant.
Although it only lasts for a few days i go through 2 bags of pads sometimes and this month i need to change every 2 hours!
What do you think is causing this and i havent been tested for entro but thinking it could be a hormonal imbalance?!?x
specialmom commented on rumpled's status
butterflybabies commented on Dads Biopsy showed ca...
journey2motherhood commented on Dads Biopsy showed ca...
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals