13-15 day periods

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

13-15 day periods

Hi there,
I'm new to this site and have a question. I'm 34 years old and for the past 7-9 months have been having 13-15 day periods.  They first started out being very heavy and then 4-6 days spotting with brown discharge. The past couple of months they are the opposite. I finished my last period on the 13th of Jan and on the 28th I started again brown discharge up until Tues Feb 3 - today I'm very heavy. I am not on any birthcontrol and along with these extended periods I have been suffering with migraines.
Any suggestions? Is this normal?
You should go see a gynocologist. In my opinion it is not normal.

I have had four cycles in two months, so my gyno is going to do an ultrasound to see what is going on. It could be that I am in the early stages of menopaus. I am 38.

Make an appointment, it could not hurt....
Avatar n tn
You need to see a GYN ASAP. This is not right. I have my cycles every 2 weeks and have been through many GYN's due to lack of education. I found the right one for me. Find the right one for you. Look them up or ask questions before you see one. What they specialize in? I was told at the beginning it was pre menopause. It could be but that isnt the only cause. You could become anemic so you really need to get in and get your life back to normal.
Went to see gyno today. They will be removing my left ovary and 4.5cm cyst. I may have endementriosis (sp). I guess the cysts was why I was having the pain.

They are testing for cancer as well. Please go see a gyno......asap.....

The cycles we are having are not normal....
Avatar n tn
Hi Everyone,
Thanks so much for your replies. I am actually going to see my gyn next Friday. I'm very nervous but anxious to see what she has to say.  Needless to say I am still on my period after 10 days - this month it wasn't too heavy but it is just lingering and I'm having alot of lower back pain so I will update everyone after my apt. Wish me luck.

Totie,
I am glad you have found some answers, I hope everything gets better for you :-)
Avatar n tn
GOOD LUCK!!! My prayers are with you. Let us know how things are going :>)
I am having a period for 15 days and I bleed regular for 3 days and after that it is on and off then I have a brownness discharge and then I bleed more and I don't understand why
cracker420 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
1 hr ago
mkh9 commented on Londres70's status
KTowne I hattte worrying about sym... Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals