Women's Health Community
16.. Pregnant? PLEASE HELP.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

16.. Pregnant? PLEASE HELP.

I am 16, I've had my boyfriend for 3 years. I am on Ortho Tri Cyclen birth control pills and I have been on it for a year now. I don't take my pills very well, I tend to miss quite a bit. I could miss 2 days, then take it 1, then miss 4 days. It's very off and on and I occasionally will bleed but I believe it's because of me missing pills. If I do take the pill, I do not take them at the same time. I've had a few pregnancy scares before but I just wanna know what the chances of me getting pregnant on OrthoTri Cyclen even are? I need all the advice I can get, I'm only 16!!
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
you will get pregnant very quickly if you dont take it properly. u aren't protecting yourself at all and y not? do you want a baby? if you are careless with taking it y don't you change to the implant or the injection. i think it would be more suitable for you
Blank
1809109_tn?1331807377
If you are unable to remember to take the pill you really should look into a different birth control option and use condoms in the mean time. Otherwise, the way you're using them, you have a pretty high chance of getting pregnant. One of my friends got pregnant with non identical twins after taking her birth control in a similar way as you have been. Her hormones got so messed up they dropped two eggs instead of none. I also have a 2 year old nephew from one missed dose. I can't stress enough how important it is to take them consistently!

In the mean time, use condoms until you can switch your birth control. If you tell your boyfriend about the possibility of a baby, I doubt he would resist much. If you're concerned about being pregnant take a home pregnancy test. And then do your best not to be anxious, because stress can make you late, give you nausea, indigestion, headaches, etc.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...