16 and Can't Get Wet

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

16 and Can't Get Wet

I'm in a very good relationship. My boyfriend is so nice, caring, funny, and sweet. He always tells me how beautiful I am and how happy he is to be with me. We've started to fool around, and I know I'm only 16 but don't freak out people because we aren't going to have sex. I'm just worried because my vagina doesn't get that wet. He's touched me "down there" before and it feels really good, but I don't get wet or anything. Is there something wrong with me? Or is he doing it wrong? I don't want to break up with him but I'm afraid he won't be able to get me off or that sex will hurt because I don't get wet. Yes, I guess we can use lube but it would be nice to get wet so I know I'm not some weird freak. He fingered me before and it feels good, so I must be a little wet, but its not like crazy wet. I know my friend gets super wet because she told me and she just gets that way from masturbation! I don't get that wet, even when I masturbate and orgasm with my vibrator.

The real weird thing is I used to get wet at random times in the past. My vagina wasn't even all that tingly but sometimes I'd be thinking about sex and I'd get all wet, but that never happens now. I think there is something wrong, but I love my boyfriend and don't want to be break up. So I guess, how can I make myself get wet? Can stress have a factor on my vaginal wetness? Can medicine? I'm currently taking cymbalta and upped my dosage a bit, but before I used to get more wet on it.
Tags: boyfriend, orgasm, Vagina
It could be the cymbalta.

I too have that problem. I dont get wet when my boyfriend uses his fingers. In fact I cant stand when he does that.  I prefer oral sex because no matter what it wont hurt and it will be wet.  
I'm also 16 and have experienced the exact same thing (minus the medicine usage). My theory is that we've built up an immunity to masturbation and now it takes more effort to get off. You said you use a vibrator, so maybe try using it less, and try to keep hydrated.

Also, oral sex is awesome. It's fabulous foreplay transitioning into vaginal sex and it's also a sure-fire way to ensure you're wet enough for insertion. Plus, how weird would it be going to the store to buy lubricant? That's not something teenagers should be seen doing 'cause it's kind of uncomfortable for everyone involved in the transaction.  

I recommend laying off the masturbation, drinking plenty of water (and a glass of tea a day) and oral sex.
Hope that helps!
Sorry it is like nearly a year since you posted this.. I've had this problem and I would say that I agree with andii143. Try to masturbate less, drink more water. Sleep more (this really seemed to help me) I think relaxing is what we lack. Don't try and force yourself to get wet, don't work harder for the pleasure, it should be easier. I hope if you haven't solved the problem yet or for anyone else searching this that this helps.
i have the same experience with emstarr22 huhuhuhuh :"( its really hard for me to get wet :"( minus the lube and masturbation.. do you think hemostan the id take to stop my monthly period had made it so?? id take coz my bf want to have sex with me and i have a long period of menstruation bt i dont want to make it with blood flowing in it i feel disgusted with it after 3days and do it again im not able to get wet.. huhuhuhhhh :"( and it hurts :"(
I have the same problem you have but its only started recently I'm 17 and my boyfriends 19 I love him we'be been dating for 14 months and have sex all the time and its great but we recently have had this problem. He thinks I'm not attracted to him but I don't think that's it I think stress can cause it cause we been going through a lot lately Plus during sex think about all the things you want to do to your partner that should help you stay excited :)
Yea im also 16&thought maybe its him because another boy ate n fingered n i was soaking wet so It must be him
I know Im pretty late but I also have this problem. Im 17 and my boyfriend is 19 and we have amazing sex but I have the hardest times getting wet. Usually he has to perform oral sex on my before we actually do it but I want to get wet naturally. I heard that it could be because of low estrogen so maybe estrogen pills can work? Oh and dont use lubricants because they can be a cause for infertility.
I love my gf we been together for 5mnts now i love haveing sex wid her im 17 and she 19 we have sex every night b4 bed she gets super wet n iget wet to bt not as much as she dose i would get wet alot b4 i never had sex. Just recently we were haveinh sex it felt soo good i was super horny n a lil wet she started fingerin me n i was not wet at all bt i was still horny after sex she was sad that i dont like are sex when i really do what should i do? I wanna get wet as much as she dose she gets shy cuz she get super wet n i dont.
I've been having the same exact problem and noticed that using toys made me dry even though I was horny and I wasn't getting really wet even when I was having fore play...From what I learned staying hydrated by just drinking water and when u get time alone learning ur body and knowing exactly what u want makes all the difference...its different all the time with me and most the time I actually get really wet just by pleasing my significant other.  I noticed by limiting our use of toys have helped out and if u still get dry, just use extra virgin olive oil....its way better than lube.
I have the same problem. I used to get wet just thinking about sex but lately I haven't been getting wet when I want to and iv been watching some porn and reading some porn literacy and it made me super wet. I think I used all my wetness up. Now even when I watch porn I don't even get wet. I'm 15 1/2 and I want to get wet. I tried to rub my clit but it's like the sensitivity has gone away
Im 17 and me and my bf used to have sex all the time and now when we try i cant seem to get wet or as wet as previous times :( I used to get wet at random times during the day and when me and my bf would fool around i would be really wet but now it takes more if i even get wet. My bf thinks that im not sexually attracted to him anymore but thats not the case I love him and love doing things with him.I have been really stressed out lately and i think im dehydrated but I don't know what to do because i don't want him to break up with me because our relationship has been rocky in the past few months.Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do??