16 days late 5 negative test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

16 days late 5 negative test

im 16 days late on my period my partner n i have had unprotected sex and ive been off the pill for 4 mths. Ive taken 5 pregnancy test and they all came out negative. dont really have any symptoms other than i get light headed sometimes and been tired and my breast feel like they've grown. The doctor told me it wasn't necessary to get a blood test.
Hi there and welcome.  Well, periods can be late for a variety of reasons.  Your doctor probably isn't seeing you for a blood test as of yet because home pregnancy tests are really reliable.  They measure for the hormone that a woman needs to sustain a pregnancy and grow the baby.  If you don't have the hormone, you most likely aren't pregnant.  It could somehow still be too early to test.  Perhaps you had a really long cycle this past time and ovulated much later than normal, so your period is late.  And if that is the case, then yes, you could still be pregnant and just tested too soon.  So, your doctor is giving good advice to wait and see what happens.  You'll either get your period or you won't and if it goes on too long with no period, THEN your doctor may want to see you to explore why.

I had a slow thyroid for a bit of time and my cycles were really long---  three months between periods.  It self corrected over time.  I too took a lot of pregnancy tests (even though there was no way I could really be pregnant) but it does make you really wonder when your period doesn't show up, doesn't it?  

anyway, wait and see what happens.  Actually, there are very very few early symptoms of pregnancy.  Most start when a woman is 6 to 7 weeks along.  So, you could be pregnant without many side effects.  But again, there is a good chance you aren't as well.  Wait and see.

If you don't desire a baby at this time, I'd also consider using a reliable birth control method so you don't have to go through the stress of wondering if you are pregnant.  good luck and peace
I was checked for my thyroid and i was ok and im never late always on time
Well, it does happen.  You very well could just be late.  Wait and see if your period shows and after a another week or two, double check with another home pregnancy test.  It's hard to wait but there is nothing else you really can do.  peace and luck
Are you feeling stressed or anxious? That could also be a factor!
nope not stressed at all. Well today i got blood taken out so now i just have o wait for the results.
Okay, well I hope all your questions and concerns get answered! Praying for good news for ya! Good Luck!