16 years old and scared

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

16 years old and scared

i am 16 and i had unprotected sex the day before i was supposed to start my period and i was 5 days late i was supposed to start 7-29-10 but i didn't start until 8-3-10. my period only lasts 3 days most of the time if i don't take my birth control and i haven't been takin them for almost 2 months now and i'm scared that i might be pregnant and not know it. but this has happend twice it's done the same thing last month but i just don't know what to do!! if i had sex the day before my period and i didn't use and condom and he ejaculated in me 5 times would i be prego and how could i tell if i was because  i have been gaining weight!
If I understand you, you are thinking you are pregnant because your period arrived three days late?  I think given the fact that you had sex so late in your cycle, and then your period did arrive, you shouldn't be that worried about being pregnant.  If you like, have a home pregnancy test on about the 15th, to confirm the negative, but you are probably OK.
It takes about a week after pregnancy to be able to identify if you're pregnant or not. In this case the egg in your ovaries would already be infertile by this stage of the cycle. Also, being 16 you're still hormonal and your cycle isn't always every month on the same day. I've completely missed cycles of my period and have not got pregnant. I am safe to assume you're not. Especially if you've been using birth control methods some of these, such as the Depo Povera, can alter your cycle slightly, or majorly, depending on severity, and your dates of your menstural cycle could be different.
However, if you're still not sure go see your GP and talk to them.