18, horrible cramps on period, help!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

18, horrible cramps on period, help!!

Whenever i get my period, randomly throughout it i get the worse cramps EVER. i shake, sweat (because i feel so hot), then shiver (because i feel freezing), my whole side/back hurts, my legs hurt, i feel nauseous, i feel like im going to faint, and its starting to bring me to tears. and then as their subsiding i feel the need to go to the bathroom. i cant even stand up during them!
im 18 years old, virgin, used to have a problem with drugs but got sober almost a month ago (im not sure if that matters but i just want people to know the most so they can help me), i've tried midol but it takes almost 2 hours to finally kick in so i dont even want to do that anymore.. ive tried advil and ib prophen and they are the same... im not on any medication for it.. and ive never seen a doctor for it. it just started the last 4 months.
my periods are pretty regular.. but this month it was 5 days early (is that bad?). i've had an eating disorder. and recently (because of getting sober) i've been under A LOT of stress and anxiety and depression and stuff...
so please please tell me how i can make them go away, or how to make them just be slight cramps instead of cramps that send me to the corner in the fetal position..
thanks!!
aww you poor pet. 1st thing yes you can come on early due to stress and more importantly an eating disorder. WELL DONE YOU FOR GETTING AND STAYING SOBER. if you go to your gp there is medication that he/she can give you for this horrendous cramping. i had to take tablets for it too from my GP when i was around your age and they were great, they were called PONSTAN now am in the UK so i don't know what there called where u live but your doctor will know wot to give you, hardly any pain at all you cant put up with that every month. see your GP before your next period. hot baths can ease the pain and a hot water bottle against your tummy afterwards. good luck.
im so sorry to hear what you are going through. i would def go to a doc tho im sure they will be able to help you. iv never heard of this before so sorry i cant be more help. try taking feminax? this is specifically for period cramps tho yours sound pretty severe...maybe a hot water bottle could soothe it a little too? really hope it gets sorted x
You should see a doctor for a complete work up. If nothing else, you can go on the pill and it might help (I was on the pill for 3 years for similar reasons...and I wasn't in need of birth control when I started taking them either).