2 lines one really faint am i pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

2 lines one really faint am i pregnant?

I was just wondering if anyone can help me. I had a d&c in 1/5/06 and only really stoped bleeding properly towards the end of march. Its now may 6th and i am not due on untill the 8th i started getting the symptoms as i did last time i was pregnant so i took a pregnancy test and  2 lines apeared but the second one was very faint but i could definately see it so i took 2more tests and the same happened. Am i pregnant? i think i am but i dont really know .thanks brandy1
Sounds like you are...try taking a Clear Blue Digital it tells you Pregnant or Not Pregnant.  So that may give you a more clear answer. Plus you said your not due till the 8th so its still early. But 2 lines, although one is faint means pregnancy.  Did you look in the time allotted and not like 10 mins afterwards? If you look after alot of time has passed then a second line does show up usually. If you did it how it said then Im going to say Congrats!  Call the Dr and make an appt and keep us updated.
Jen
Yep, I had a lot of faint lines and they were all the real deal!  Start celebrating!!
I agree, if you looked at the test within the 10 minute time frame, you can assume it is a positive result. I am also a fan of confirming with a digital test, I have done it with my last few pregnancies, especially when the lines were faint on the regular HPTs.

Andi
Hi everyone well i took your advice jen and i took anouther pregnancy test it was called e.p.t. That pregnancy test also came out positive the line was still faint though so i went and got anouther pregnancy test this time a digital test from clear blue and that came back not pregnant see now im really confused cause every other pregnancy test ( 4 in all) all said positive could i be pregnant?. My husband thinks its because i might not have enough of the pregnancy hormone for the clear blue digital to detect. I have one more test do i take it tomorrow morning or wait untill tuesday the actual day i was suposed to start my period. thanks everyone
I would wait a few days, maybe test on Sunday. If it a typical pregnancy, the hcg should double every 48 hours. So, in theory, if you took a test that measured at 25 mui and got a positive, then taking a digital (which commonly read at 50 mui) 48 hours later should confirm a positive result.

Andi
If the lines are faint like on comment said your hcg levels are not high enough and maybe after a couple of days boom they'll be high enough it's probably best though if you have a good insurance plan or some kind of medical insurance to get a blood test right away.
hey well im pregnant i will keep ya updated k :)
I had a faint line just wanted to know if that is a sign of pregnacy?