2 months no period negative urine test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

2 months no period negative urine test

I had my last period on November 29, 2006 and I haven't had it since.  I have done about 10 urine test in the last two months and all had negative results.  I went to the doctor and she did a urine test and told me I'm not pregnant she wanted to give me a pill that she said would make me ovulate but I wanted to wait longer just want to make sure I'm not pregnant.  My fried said she didn't have a positive urine test when she got pregnant and she did a blood test and it came back with positive results when she was three months pregnant.  My doctor said that if I were pregnant the urine test would be positive and I can be sure that I'm not pregnant.  Has anybody been pregnant and didn't have a positive urine test?
HELLO

dont worry. when i got married i also missed my 2 periods. my doc says its cause of depression or stress.she gives me some harmonal tablets and suggest me to feel happy ,do meditation and feel relax.after a month it works and now i am fine.
hi.. the other post is right, it could be stress or,,have you changed your diet? or exercise a lot?
missing periods is USUALLY pregnancy but it could be other things.
i myself a few years ago missed a few periods and it was caused in my case in a change in diet.
i was overweight (that can play in factor also) and whan i started losing weight and changing my eating habit all came back ok..
hope this helps a little...
Yes, there is a possibility that you are indeed pregnant.  A woman I work with has 3 sons.  Every time she was pregnant, she got negative results on the HPT.  With her last son,she got negative results on the HPT and on the bood test from the doctor.  He kept telling her there was no way she was pregnant because it would show up on the blood test.  This went on for about 3 months.  Finally, she insisted on getting an ultrasound done (eventhough she had just gotten a negative result the day before).  The doctor agreed to have this done, and she was indeed 3 months pregnant.  Finally at about 3.5 months it showed up on the blood test.  She delivered a very healthy baby boy 6 months later.  The doctor could not tell her why she kept getting negative results, but as he told her, "You know your body best!"  The funny thing is, now she is pregnant again and she took a HPT today and it came back postiive.  She is about 4 weeks pregnant (she thinks this means it is a girl.  LOL).  Not sure if this has helped, but maybe you could request a ultrasound.  It could be that you have an ovairan cyst or just hormonal inbalance.  Please let us know what you find out.  Kasie
I've heard of people having negative hpt's but positive blood tests.  I think it's certainly possible.  I was pregnant about 5 years ago & I had a positive hpt.  It turned positive within seconds of peeing on it.  
So, I had the exact thing happen to me. It was back in my heavily partying days. I did not keep track of my monthly very much and I just felt weird for a couple of months. Took 3 HPTs (1 a month for 3 months) and they all came out negative. So, I went to the local clinic and they gave me a blood test. Sure enough I was pregnant. And 3 months pregnant even.They told me that my body didn't produce enough of the hormone to test positive on the tests. I went full term (even a week and a half over) and delivered a beautiful 8lb 4oz. baby girl. She was absolutley perfect. I don't think the whole urine test thing is a fool proof as society wants you to believe. I am again 2 months pass being due for my period with 6 negative tests (4 urine and 2 blood). Have an appointment in a couple of weeks though
I am 14 years old , an having unprotected sex ; i had my period about Feb.14 or 19 th. An still havent have it here is it now Apr.19th still havent started.! keep in mind my period is irreguarl , i'm not stressing or anything like that i am as happy as ever.! But i have going bigger i was a size 7/8 in pants an now a 9/10 my breast is sore an have gottan bigger.! Toke a LOT of home tests all NEGATIVE.! Can i still be pregnant.? some plz help