Aa
A
A
Close
2 vessel umbilical cord.
I am 20 weeks and 2 days and i went for my ultrasound and they found a two vessel umbilical cord instead of three.I just want to know what kind of problems come with a two vessel cord.When i went in they told me that evey thing was developing exactly how they are supposed to,but i know problems may persit later on,I would just like to know what abnormalies come with this problem.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
tmv
Hi there. I found this site for you. www.medscape.com/viewarticle/453593 .  I have only seen a couple born with a 2 vessel cord and everything was ok with them. Sometimes it's actually a 3 vessel close to the baby  and comes together just prior to the placenta. Further testing will have to be done to confirm, not just a regular us. Best wishes to you and congrats on the pregnancy!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hope this makes you feel better. My little sister (who is now 24 yrs old and pregnant herself) anyway when she was born she had one vessel less than she was suppose to. My mom kind of worried about it threw the years but dr's said it wasnt anything to worry about and my sis has been pretty healthy since birth. Im sure your baby will be healthy too. good luck.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
2020005 tn?1472427714
Blank
Belle313, and KTowne commented on Belle313's status
4 hrs ago
2020005 tn?1472427714
Blank