2 weeks late with negative hpt's...always regular...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I'm really confused...I was supposed to get my period on July 7th, I always get it on time and I keep track with a online monthly calandar.  I am now 13 days late and I took a HPT 2 days ago that came back negative.  This really concerns me because I have never been this late before and I had my yearly exam in May and everything came back fine.  I haven't taken anything birth control. I spoke with a family member about it and she told me when she found out she was pregnant her first HPT came back negative when she was two weeks late and she didn't get a positive one until she was three weeks late.  Has this ever happened to anybody else?  Sometimes I get feelings in my stomache like I'm getting ready to start my period but I go to the bathroom and nothing. I haven't really been stressed out or anything or changed my eating habits.  I was actually on vacation around the time I was supposed to start.  If anything I'm stressed now because I don't know whats going on.
If you have not had a baby before it sometimes takes up to 6 weeks before a Htp test can tell you that you are pregnant. If you are really concerned go to your doctor and ask to have a blood test done to see if you are pregnant as this will show up much sooner than your basic test. Otherwise just wait a few more weeks before redoing an Htp test.
I'm going through exactly the same thing. I'm 11 days late. I feel a little crampy and bloated and have lower back aches. I've been having a lot of discharge and my veins r more visible all over my body. I thought for sure I was pregnant but the hpt was negative. I wish I knew what was going on.
I know what you mean, this is driving me crazy especially since I've always been regular.  I am now officailly two weeks late and the only feelings I am having is weird pains in my stomach, which my be my nerves..I'm not sure.  I read that the veins being more visable is a sign of pregnancy, but I'm not sure about the discharge.  If I don't get my period by the third week of being late I am taking another test and then going to the doctor.  Keep me posted as I will do the same.
Hello All, glad I'm not alone with this. Kido have you tested again this week? I am 2 weeks late have had 4 neg hpt. I'm not exactly always regular, but I just feel pregnant especially the last couple of days. I have 2 sons 6 and 4, i think i remember with my 6 yo that I didn't test positive until like 4 weeks late. I think i'm gonna wait a whole week until i test again.
I'm still waiting for my period to start. I am now 22 days late. Haven't taken another hpt, yet kind of scared. I am going to see the doctor next week so I will get a test done. I'll keep u posted.
I took a blood test on July 26 when I was 21 days late, I couldn't take it anymore.  The test came back the next day negative.  I finally got my period on my birthday of July 28th.  Doctor said it could have been caused from being out of my normal routine.  I was starting vacation the time it was supposed to start and I was travling and getting ready for a big family reunion.  Not to mention I was working my father's basketball camp a few days later, so I was in a hot sweaty gym all day chasing around little kids.  It was just really weird, I have never been that late before.
I am 2 weeks late my son is going to be 1 year next month but since he was born ive started on time every month but this month im 2 weeks late and it will feel like im going to start i get little cramps followed by a little nausea  but nothing my body sometimes feels weak and my chest is itching like crazy im going to take a test at the end of next week...
I feel exactly like the rest of you, I'm a week late and usually my cycle is so predictable that you can set a clock by it. If I am pregnant, I know exactly when it happened too, I would be about 3 weeks to the day. My husband and I were sexually active one morning , without protection, and then I ended up in the emergency room and they had to pull my IUD. I have also been feeling the stomach pain, cramps, nausuea, and just the feeling that I'm going to be starting soon. Please keep me updated on how you guys are and I will do the same. Nice to know there are other women out there going through this.
in 3 days ill be 3 weeks late i took a hpt yesterday and it was still negative but my breast are soar and sometimes itch im not stressed about anything im a stay at home wife/mom and if im pregnant or not my husband and i are still very satisfied what gives??
I am 2 weeks late tomorrow, however, I have recently stopped taking birth control.  I had the withdrawal bleed, but no 'real' period yet.  I have previously stopped taking bc, and have started normal bleed 4 weeks after withdrawal.  I know stopping the pill can mess up the system, and I may just have to wait a while.  

I have also had unprotected sex since stopping the pill, once with ejaculation 8 days after stopping pill.  We usually use a condom before having sex propperly, but may start off unprotected.  I had extremely sore nipples a week before I was due, and a week after, this has stopped now.  I have been a little unwell with a cold recently and have experienced some nausea and diarrhea, and I am often tired and light headed, altho I had Glandular Fever just over 2 months ago which may contribute to this.  I have taken 2 hpts, both negative (one 3 days after missed period, the other 13 days after). I have never been pregnant before.
hi all iam 2 weeks late today and i feel the same as you guys my stomach is aching with pain like i am going to come on, but when i go to the toilet theres nothing . i have gone threw a whole pack of sanitary towels thinking todays the day but nothing. i have a 15 months old son and i couldnt tell if i was pregnant until i 3 months gone i took a test when i knew i missed my period and it came back neg then 2 weeks later still neg .then finally i went to the docs and it still came back neg then at 3 months it came back poss but the second line was very faint i had to get a second opinion.
me and my partner has had unprotected sex since my son was 3 weeks old i am not a fan of the condoms  and don't like the pill as it made me gain loads of weight. ill keep you posted on everything .
good luck everyone  
I am almost 2 weeks late too. I took an hpt a few days ago in the morning and it was negative. I have had this on and off dull ache on the right side of my pelvic area, sort of like period cramps, but it doesn't hurt as much as cramps, for the last week and a half or so. I have also had head aches, dizziness, been very moody, sore breasts...and a few other possible pregnancy symptoms. But am I crazy? All of these symptoms are very abnormal for me, but my test was neg.

I'll make an appointment with the doc tomorrow but probably wont be able to see him for at least a week. Til then does anyone have any input? Im goin nuts here.
I am 2 weeks late today and I have had 3 neg hpt's. I had a misscarriage 15 months ago and remember that I had a hard time getting a positive test. I'm never late and I'm starting to worry a little. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one having this issue.
I will be two weeks late this coming Tuesday.  My period is always on time, and when I'm stressed out, I only miss maybe two days at the most.  I got off of birth control a couple years ago, and in my 'sexually active life' have had a few pregnancy scares, but this time I'm actually concerned over it. The days I start, I usually just have a tampon in for preparation (A big no-no, I know) unless I have started that morning which is my usual routine. Well, the day I was supposed to start I had one in, and that evening, I took it out and there was a very small.. strand of blood... like a DNA strand small. I have not had any further bleeding, but have had some discharge in the past few days. I have taken three tests, all negative, and am seeing a doctor on Monday to determine what is really going on.  I just wish that a woman's body would let her in on the secret every once in a while, ya' know?  Glad to see that this topic is current and I'm not the only one running through a rat maze of "Am I or Aren't I?" in my head.  
I am also 2 weeks later and nothing>> I'm plaining a teip to disney should I be worried about riding the rides
I am 22 years old, and I'm 2 months late...I have taken the urine test 3 times and they're all negative...
My last period was early May, and I took the test June 20th, June 27th & July 4th...
I thought it was very unlikely that I would be pregnant because the last time I had near sexual activity was early May (after my last period was over) and that time my partner wore condom & he didn't even penetrate me.
I've never been pregnant before, so I don't know how to differentiate pregnancy & PMS symptoms.
I've had weird feelings in my stomach like I'm about to have my period a couple of times since my last period, but that was it. The only sign of pregnancy I know is morning sickness, but I don't experience that at all.

My period is not regular, but usually it's only about 2 weeks late...I've never had late period for this long...

If someone knows something about this, please let me know... I am really worried that this might be some kind of a chronic disease....

Thanks..
I went off birth control pills and then had 2 regular periods and then didn't have a period for 2-3 months. I was having unprotected sex and kept taking pregnancy tests, sure that i was pregnant. They were negative, until finally i had two (not in a row) that were faint positive, (First Response) finally i went to the doctor and did a blood test, and it was normal for non-pregnancy--i wasn't pregnant. like 3 days later I started my period. I was really bummed but it turned out for the best :) Good luck ladies in whatever you hope the outcome is!

Just wanted to give an update...I had my period yesterday. I don't know why I was late for almost 3 months (The last time I had my period was early May; now is already end of July...)
I never used birth control before. My period is not always regular, but usually I was only late for about 2 weeks.
My husband and I are TTC. I'm usually very regular... but last month (June) I was 3 days late. and now this month (July) I'm still waiting putting me at 2 weeks late already.  I suffer from chronic abdominal pain, so the pain isn't new however it seems to have increased in severity over the last 2-3 weeks.  My nipples are extremely sore / tender.  I've taken 4 hpt over the last 2 weeks the first hpt i did when i was 3 days late and the last hpt i did yesterday. all negative.  I've been more tired than usually lately and my stress lvl's are a little higher than usual but only because it's driving me nuts not knowing what's going on.  I have a doctor appt for a little over a week from today. I'm hoping it's not an ectopic pregnancy right now as that seems to be a possible outcome from what i've read.
i am 22 days late... i always get my period every month on the 25th-28th.... i stopped birth control about 7 months ago. ever since then i've been having normal periods about 6 now. patiently waited on my 7th period and still no sign.. my breast have become itchy. i'm having pickle cravings and no signs of morning sickness. i'm tired all the time as usual. i have spent over $50 on pregnancy tests and still nothing except this one test that showed a faint possibility that i could be pregnant. i'm going to the doctor tuesday for a blood test....me and my boyfriend have been trying lets hope we're successful!
i am 18, and me and my fiance have been together 2 1/2 years and we have never had prtected sex.
i am 3 days late,i took a test and it was negative. i am having crampsin my tummy like im going to start but i dont.
My nipples are sore and my veins in breast are visable.
i have never had childeren or been pregnant.

what do i do im so lost?
im glad im not alone.
im 2weeks late
my nipples hurt soooo bad and im really tired alot.
i spotted 2 weeks aqo brown/pink one morninq then the next morninq aqain but it was brown.
ive taken 2 tests both negative
ive never been pregnant before im only 18.
could i be?
Hello, I am having some weird symptoms that I needs some advice about. Think that I could possibly be pregnant but feel like it could all be in my head now. I have taken 8 HPT and they all say neg, but I am really late and my breast are killing me! I am very regular and not on any birth control and haven't been in years! My last real cycle was April 5th and was normal had unprotected sex with my husband between April 15th thru the 20th. I was due to start again on May 4th but I started spotting on April 29th brown, 30th pink and dark red on the 1st. Then May 4th came and went. Last week the 9th - 15th I had mild cramping and slight headache with tender breast. I kept feeling like I was about to start my period but nothing. All weekend I had this headache and my breast seem to be getting even more sore and large! So here I am now on the 19th and my head is killing me and I now have the cramps again. I have the feeling that I am about to start all over again, usually I have at least 30 - 32 days inbetween and experience some cramps and tender chest but this is all different. I have a doc appointment tomorrow afternoon and will be getting a blood test, I guess I am just wondering if anyone has gone thru something like this and can tell me how it ended up. I do have a 10 year old little girl and dont remember having these symptoms and didnt even think of testing until I was 10 weeks and the HPT did come back positive then. I should be about 6 weeks now if I am pregnant. Anyways I thank you for taking the time to read this and if you have anything that may help or just put my mind at ease I would really appreciate it! Thank you
Hi ladies, hopefully you can help me. My wife is 11days late and has done a number o different hpt some poas some digital. The digi ones say not pregnant nut the poas have shown a very very very very very faint second line. Help please.
Hi i am now 14 days late for my period, ive taken 3 tests 1 today and 2 last week, all negative:  i am soo confused, is it pos to still be pregnant!? I am mum to a 6 year old boy but that preg was normal!  Help
i am technincally 9 days late. I am on junel fe and have been taking it at the same time every night.  I had my period on July 5 while on Junel fe my next period came 1 week early on july 26th, while i was still on my last week of active pills. as usual i went to refill my bc and was given the generic form of my junel fe because the manufacturer was on backorder. i didnt wait and skipped my sugar pills and started my new pack. I continued to have my period the week of august 2nd. so i had a period for 2 weeks.  everything was dandy until i had an infection in my tooth and was put on 500mg of amoxcillin. i had only taken those antibiotics for 4 days because it gave me a massive yeast infection.  so i continued to take my bc everyday at the exact same time. on august 19th i had unprotected sex and he did ejaculate inside of me. i was suppose to start my period on the 22nd but it never came. it now the 31 and i am about 9 days late. i have never been this late.  i have taken 2 hpt and both were negative.  should i wait this week out, or do you think i should call my obgyn?
hey everyone.
i'm having the same problem i'm glad im not alone. i'm not on any birth control. i'm 2 weeks late i've taken 2 hpts & 1 pt at the clinic but all came out negative, throughout the first week i was late i had some kind of brownish (mucusy sorry its tmi) discharge. i get lower back pain & sometimes a bit of abdominal pain. this weekend i've gotten white discharge & i felt like i was going to get my period but yet nothing. my breasts don't hurt or anything since i know achy breasts are common. if anyone can share info or help me out i'd greatly appreciate it. Thank You!
im 2 weeks late now and have taken 3 HPT all neg but today had some slight bright pink spotting and cramping. i also stopped breastfeeding my 6 month old just when i should have been ovulating...anyone else the same? when i was pregnant with my daughter i found out almost right away...i was 5 weeks and first test was a positive one so i would think if i was preg now it would show up by now.......maybe??
I am always regular, never more than a day or two later than expected. I did have a bit of spotting a few days before my period was due. I am now 13 days late and just got a negative hpt. Any idea what's going on????
Hello All, This will be an interesting story. I am 23 years old have a  daughter that is 3. I have been trying to have another child, but sadly its harder than ever. My period is irregular my cycle fluctuates each month. I may have an 25-30 day cycle and then another month I will have like an 35-45 day cycle. I was suppose to get my period May 18th but still I haven't got it. I've gotten syptoms (symptoms) of cramps, and nausea on saturday. I also have alot of discharge it disappeared for two days then came back, which I clearly thought I was going to get my period because I didnt see anymore discharge. I took a HPT and it came out negative which I was very upset about. I am unsure if I am getting it or not and the urgue is just to know if I am going to be pregnant or not. It's also hard to determine when I am ovulating since my cycle always changes. Me and my husband have been trying to get pregnant since the beginning of the year and still nothing. I also get a tangy/fishy smell down there and it drives me crazy and embarrassing because I am around people daily. Please if anyone can give me so feedback. FYI I also made an appoint for June 23rd to see my GYN. Thanks
Hey all! I am 2 weeks to the day late. I had my daughter 8 months ago, and my periods have been regular even after having her, until now... I looked back and saw that the longest i went without a period was 4 days, and now its going on 15.. I've taken 3 pregnancy tests, and all came out negative... Ive been having discharge alot, and sometimes thinking I have some fluttering feelings in my lower abdominal area. During my first pregnancy, my breasts were SUPER sore, but now they are not. And also during my first pregnancy, i knew from the beginning that I was pregnant cuz my boyfriend and I tried for our daughter. I never had morning sickness or cravigns, so im not looking towards those for reassurance... Ugh, im just soo sick of wondering allll day long, every day! Theres times I think i start, and i go check, and nothing. Its a comfort knowing im not the only one not going through this!
I was 15 days late for my period then two days ago i started spotting. It only lasted 2 days. ive took to test and both said negative. What steps do i take now? x
I went to my doctor and she gave me a test and it was negative. I took a hpt 2 weeks after and still negative. I am almost a month late and I'm having sharp cramp like pains in my left lower abdomen. I have to go back to my doctor to get tests down, to make sure everything is okay. I was on Byaz birth control and it has a lot of law suits against it. I am just worried that it has done something bad to my body.
Hi everyone Im 24 years old and a mom to a 6 year old I was 16 when I got pregnant with her and I didnt find out till I was almost 6 months. Had a miscarriage just 2 weeks before I got pregnant with her. Well I am now 2 weeks late and have taken 2 hpt and both nagative. My hubby and I have been trying for over a year now I have been late before but at most was like 3 days. I also have cramping, back pain, tender breast and frequent urination. Someone please help I dont know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey I'm 15 day late and I'm like clockwork, on the day I was suposed to turn I began to spot but nothink major. Very very very light that carried on for 3days I also took a test and it came up negative, think I'm gunna wait till I'm due this month and if a don't turn ile go to docter xx
i am 12 days late......last period was November 14 2011. i was due December 18 2011.i have taken 2 hpt's. the first was negative and the second had a slight line where it would have made a plus. during intercourse we used the ultra thin condoms from the gas station. and it was very dark so we couldn't check for anything wrong with the condom...............i have experienced cramps,slight nausea ad eating a little more. and just today i got tired.....i have been emotional as well.....i miscarried last December 2010 and many ppl have had dreams of me being pregnant or have asked me if i was....i dont know what to do.
Ok I got my period on the 10th of last month I hat sex on the 24 goin into the 25 of last month I havnt gotton my period yet I took two first response digital home tests and both came back negative but I jst have this gutt feeling tht I'm not gnna get my period idk wats going on I'm nver this late help!
My husband and I are trying to conceive. I am 11 days late, took a test this morning and it came back negative. My last 3 cycles were very regular, since being put on thyroid medication. We tried during ovulation so we feel like this may be it. I don't have nausea or frequent urination yet,but I have light cramping, fatigue and I'm gassy. I also have discharge. I will test again in a few days to see if we get any good news. He is 500% positive that I am pregnant and being very supportive. Good luck to all of you, no news is good news!
hi every on. i see that you all have had experience in what im going through. me and my husband had intercorse on oct 5th and my period as suppose to come on the 19th. my periods are regular except for a few years ago when i was on birthcontrol. but sence ive been off my periods have been very regular. i am now 17 days late. i havnt been stressin more then i usually do but know i feel as if im syking myself out because i keep takin test and they keep comeing back negative. some one please help me i dont know what to do or think. im not havin any symptoms of my period or pregnancy. im not feeling as if i need to throe up except for a little bit of acid that comes up from time to time. and im not having any cramps or back pains, my breast are not hurting and i have natural big breast so it would be kind of hard to see them growing in size but i dont think that they have grown. only thing is that my face is now starting to break out more then ususal and i ahve not made a change in my diet. but i have made a change in my living. ive moved from arizona to maryland. could that have anything to do with my period being late at all? someone pleas ehelp me. anyone can email me at kmonet.***@**** just let me know who you are and that you have read my post. i hope that there is someone out there that can  help me. im really going crazy and in need of help.