20 and still no period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

20 and still no period

I am currently 20 years old and have not had my period in about 2 years. I have never really had my first period before because the first time I got it was when I took some pills that the doctor gave to me the last time I went to check up on this issue. She found nothing wrong with my ovaries and found nothing wrong with my blood tests. I took the pills for about a few days and then got my period which lasted for a week and 2 days approximately. After I stopped taking the pills, I didn't get my period anymore for another 3 years and then I took a morning after pill which gave me another period for about a week. That month itself I had my period twice which was very weird. I didn't go to the doctor for that situation, but after that month my period didn't come back anymore. It just stopped. It has now been 2 years and I still have not gotten a stable 'natural' caused period. Can someone please tell me what's wrong with me? The doctor can't explain it and neither can I :(

Everyone tells me that it'll come sooner when the time is right but I am now 20 yrs old and I fear that I might never be able to have my own kids in the future. Please if anyone has a suggestion on what the problem is with my body please post an answer....
Go to a different doctor to get a second opinion. It may be a hormonal imbalance, for which your body is not making enough hormones to give you a period. I'd ask to have your hormone levels checked. Also, it's normal to have 2 "periods" after taking the morning after pill, since it's such a huge shock of hormones to your body.