20 days late - stress or pregnant?
So, I got off the pill (Desogen) last December.  Since then periods have been 1, 2, 5, and 1 days late.  Now, I am sitting at 20 days late.  Seems like an awfully large jump to me, but hpt and blood test results are negative.  I've been stressed before, and never has it affected my cycle this way.  My real question is - could I be pregnant and just not producing the appropriate amounts of hormones to be detected by the tests?  I know that isn't really a "good" thing, but I am sick of this waiting!  Either I am, or I'm not, I just want to get out of this limbo stage.  Can anybody offer any insight?  Thanks!
You know from what Ive read on here people jump periods alot and then get provera to start it and its heavy. It shouldnt be heavy cos its not like the lining keeps building up and up is it? I dont know if any of you had a scan but this doesnt sound right to me. We know HPT and blood tests should show up hcg levels, but has anyone ever thought that maybe, just maybe there could be some strange reason for this that we will find out later on in the future?

ok after that thought lol, I think try and get seen by a gyny first and get a scan. But it seems this could be something to do with the pill, cos I was on mycrogynon 30 and stopped a few months ago now, and my periods have been lighter and now Im 5 days late with no signs at all. Maybe this is a side effect we're not told about!
Hi there,
At 20 days late, both urine tests and blood tests would be EXTREMELY accurate.  It's highly unlikely that you're pg at this point.  

Being that you stopped the pill a relatively short time ago, it's still possible that your body hasn't regulated itself yet.  It sounds like you're having a stubborn cycle and you might need Provera to jumpstart things.  Talk to your doctor.

Good luck!
i skipped period for 2 months ,all the hpt urine and bood test was negative, i wasnt pregnant that what the doc say ,but the doc gave me a provera to jump start my period, after provera i got my period it was heavy though , but i didnt feel any pain,because i took tylenol and aspirin THATS MY SPECIAL DOCTOR GAVE IT TO ME,

did you go for blood test??? you can request to the hospital or clinic once you call for an appointmen

GOOD LUCK
Thanks for the advice.  I'm just going to wait it out a little longer to see what happens, then go to the doc if I'm stuck in this "in between" stage.
i'm also 20 days late and had 3 neg urine tests and 1 neg blood.... women can still be pregnant and come up negative so i went to see a doctor.... they did a urine test, lab work, and a pap.... im going in for an ultrasound thursday to see if its a tubal pregnancy.... they say if i am then it'd be a tubal one since its not detecting.... right now im pretty certain im not but im gonna find out y im so late
well im late 20 days exactly today. dont have a single sign that im getting my period soon. i got some like small cramps nothing severe but no period. i havent been on the pill for years now. i took two urine tests and one blood test all negative. im so scare cuz i've never been late on my period i just want some input cuz everyone keeps telling me im not pregnant which i hope they are right but im confused!
I'm around 20 days late... I know my period and I'm never late.. I've taken 2 urine and a blood.. They came bsck negative.. Went to the dr and he said that something seems wrong.. I don't take birth control but my boyfriend always uses protection... I have small ocasional cramps but nothing like my period.. I wake up everyday wanting to throw up or not move all day.. Can someone please help me....
I'm 20 days late too and I don't know if I'm prego I don't feel it but I was late and we didn't use protection I thought I was already late now I really am .... Could I get prego
When I miss my period  im17
Starting off with the big V word. I'm a virgin. so I'm know that i am not pregnant. i am 21 days late and have shown no signs of an expected period. what tests do i go in for? could this be premature menopause? :(
im 20 days late period .can I do sex with my husband