21 weeks pregnant with pain and discharge

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Hello everyone!  I was hoping that someone could offer me their opinion on this.  I am 21 weeks with my first pregnancy(it's a Girl!!)  The past couple of days I have been having a dull type ache along with heavier discharge than before.  The discharge does not seem different than before just heavier.  No foul smell, burning or itching.  I worry about every little thing it seems and have driven my doctor crazy with questions.  I was hoping that someone here could tell me whether I should be concerned.  Thanks in advance you guys are always so helpful.
Hi, Well Ive had 3 babies and from my experience its most likely braxton hicks, which can get stronger after sex. I wouldnt worry about it but if u been doing a lot lately try to take it a bit easier.

If you get ANY type of bleeding see the labour ward and get checked out, even if ur advised not to (I learned my lesson the hard way)

The discharge is caused by your hormones I think. All I know is that is it increased in pregnancy

Take care to u and girl bump x
White discharge? Totally normal. I'm only 16w 3d but some days it's heavy and other days not so much. The pains are probably just your uterus stretching and making room for baby as you're in the last 1/2 of your PG when baby grows pretty big. Doesn't sound like you have any cause for worry. Rather, it sounds like your body's doing what it's supposed to do! Congrats on the girl!
Thanks so much for answering my question.  You all have helped me to feel better about this.  The pain is below my belly button in the lower part of my abdomen.  There is so much to worry about.  The doctor's don't make things better either.  I had the triple screen done at my doctor's advice and it came back that I was high risk for trisomy 18.  So, 2 weeks ago I had to have an amnio to see if the baby had the fatal disease.  Luckily, all is well but, that was a long agonizing two weeks. It almost seems better to not get all of those tests and just let nature do what it should.  Pregnancy is scary enough without all of the added stress of tests and such.
I really do appreciate the responses from you all and wish you all well with your pregnancy.  
I felt great for about 3 weeks and now, I am having the same emotional rollercoaster and tiredness as i did in the first trimester.  I guess this is just pregnancy!  
I go to the doctor on Monday for a routine visit.  Keep me posted on your pregnancies and good luck to all of you!
Where is your pain? Below my belly button, almost in the pubica area seems sore alot. I tell my dh it hurts when you press on it and all he says is, then don't press on it. :) I am 19 1/2 wks with a girl too! Sometimes it goes away but I at least feel that pain once a day.
wow complications.. I can tell you even if you didnt know what you are having you are having a girl.. I had one complication after another with my daughter.. Don't let your doctor stop you from asking questions that is what they are there for and if you knew what they knew you wouldnt have to ask questions. They should be more than willing to answer all your questions. I'm on the search in my area for a good doctor too.. I just found out I'm 8 weeks pregnant and excited as can be. Baby number 3. I just hope its not too much to handle. I can't wait to experience it though.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!! Your at the end of it all.
Belle313 commented on LandM2009's status
Belle313 commented on VICourageous's status
Belle313 commented on heather727's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals