29 Body aches and joint pain
Hello! I am 29 years old and I am a stay at home mom to my 3 boys! During my most recent pregnancy (delivered 11/24/10) I started to have joint pain and my whole body generally hurts all the time. It has gotten progressively worse since then and I am incredibly stiff in the mornings. I have a really hard time sleeping at night since that is when my pain is the worst! If it is in my hips really bad then my whole legs will ache and tingle (not sciatica as I had that pain with all 3 of my pregnancies), if its in my elbows my hands will tingle, if knees then my feet will tingle. I feel like I am going crazy because everyone around me doesn't believe the amount of pain I am in. There are also parts on my body that hurt when touched (but not warm or red) I have been on Zoloft for a couple of months and I have been test for the Rheumatoid factor and it was negative. I am going to a rheumatologist in January. I am overweight but I eat healthy and am trying to work out. All I can do right now is walk and the more activity I do the more pain I am in!! Any ideas?? Thanks

Joint pain and stiffness may also be found in arthritis. There are many types of arthritis, including rheumatoid and other types of inflammatory arthritis, osteoarthritis, infectious arthritis, and arthritis due to gout or pseudogout.

Other causes of joint pain include autoimmune and vasculitic disorders (for example, systemic lupus erythematosus, polymyalgia rheumatica, and polyarteritis nodosa), avascular necrosis of bone, and injuries.

Investigations like serum creatinine, uric acid,x-rays of the joints and MRI joints are required to make a diagnosis.

I hope it helps. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.