3 Weeks of Heavy Mentrual Bleeding
I have been bleeding heavily for the last 3 weeks.  I always have heavy periods, but never for this long.  I also have large clotting, and feel as though someone is scraping my insides out.  And 2 nights ago, I woke up in a mess of blood in the middle of the night.  I had bled through my tampon, pad, panties, sweatpants, shirt, sheet and all the way down to my mattress pad.  It was a LOT of blood.  I am not sure what to do.  i have a Dr. appointment in 2 weeks, not sure if I should wait to go, or not...?
Your symptoms are suggestive of menometrorrhagia. Various factors causing it are endometriosis,ectopic pregnancy,hormone imbalance,endometrial hyperplasia,polyps,use of IUD’s and depo shots, sexually transmitted diseases,PCOS and benign and malignant pathologies of the uterus.

I would suggest a gynecologist’s evaluation to be got done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing