3 month long period???
I'm 24 and I've been on my period now for about 3 months and I don't know why? Before I started my period lasting this long I didn't have my period for about 4 months so I thought my body was just cleaning itself out or something, but 3 months of it??? COME ON NOW. I don't have sex Ever and I'm pretty healthy as far as I know. I have an apt for a womenly checkup soon, but i'd like to know if there are other people out there who are having this kind of problem as well. Something that bleeds for 3 months strait should be dead...lol.

I did that a few years ago. The bleeding part any ways. If I remember correctly I think I had a normal period and then 2 1/2 months of bleeding. I went to my general doctor and he told me I needed a specialist and he set me up with my current obgyn. I went and they told me I had cervical cancer. From the first time I went to when I had surgery was a total of three weeks. Alot to deal with. I don't wana scare you it may not be that but if you don't have a doctor you should go to your family doctor and have him help you and see what your choices are from there. I know when I went it helped.  
This is kind of scary...because I dont have insurance! I'm going through a free family clinic right now and that sounds like it might be a nice pocket full of change.

But thank you! It's good to see what it might be...so im not totally left in the dark.

I was researching it a bit more and I found other possible reasons...
I really hope its nothing too serious...or expensive.

hormonal imbalances (especially estrogen and progesterone)
anemia or blood clotting disorders
fibroids, cysts, polyps, or tumors of the cervix or uterus
pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
Well it could be numerous things. I was in and out for two yrs. But if it happens to be that or anything else let me know. I remember how scary it was for me and wish I known someone who had been through it. But I'm having trouble agian too. I just started spotting Monday night. And I've only been off my period a week so I may be going to the dr again my self itlif it doesn't stop by Friday. So I've been doing research of my own. It's how I found this website. But I do hope that ur problem is nothing serious.
I had the same problem the beginning of this year. Starting last September my periods became super light, or didn't come at all. Then in January my period started, and didn't stop for about 4 months. At that time I also started having panic attacks and was diagnosed with GAD and panic disorder, so the doctors kept telling me it was probably stress related. Still though, even once I got a better grip on my anxiety, I kept bleeding. I ended up becoming anemic and went to the ER because I was bleeding so much. Finally I was put on birth control, Mononessa, and had to take 2 pills a day until the bleeding stopped. I guess it was the hormonal imbalance that caused it, because now my periods are back to normal.
I went to the Dr. today and had my very uncomfortable womenly checkup...they put me on birthcontrol to stop the bleeding and i'll get my tests back in 2 weeks. I'll put the results on here once I get them for all you other worried women. Again....hope its nothing serious.