3 period in one month. Should I be concerned?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I'm 18 and 130 lbs and have never really had periods regularly, they are always a week or so late, I always figured it was because I am an athlete. This month I got my period three times, nov. 15, dec 6 and the 17th, that last two started out more with a browner colored blood spotting. I have been a little stressed with finals and christmas, and have also been staying up later than usual and sleeping in longer, i have also started taking garcinia cambogia and raspberry ketones to help control my appetite being that I am a college student and its difficult to eat healthy.I do no and have not had pain or cramps during my period so i'm wondering if I should be more concerned about the fact that i've gotten my period three times this month. I am not sexually active but would you recommend going on birth control a solution problem or is there something more serious to it. If so what pill is best ?
You'll want to see a doctor to check for hormonal issues, cysts, etc.  You shouldn't have more than one period in a 28-31 day period (or whatever is the normal cycle length for you).
     In June I had two periods in one month, then missed 2. Wasn't pregnant, but was confused about what was going on. Until I had a painful intercourse experience that landed me into the E.R. Turns out in November i ruptured a cyst. Irregular cycles are a major clue to having a cyst. Also, stress is a cause.
     Your ovaries have tiny follicules, each month those follicule fibers expand and release and egg naturally. Hormones have a huge role in this process. Women also have a "hormone thermostat" (not actual anatomy name) which naturally balances hormones automatically. Around period, hormones become unbalanced. Your body is trying to prepare yourself for a fertilized egg, pregnancy.
     And when you're pregnant, your "hormone thermostat" doesn't work like it use to when you were unfertilized. Hense, why they say, women can be unreasonably crazier when prego. Now when you stress yourself, it IS unnatural to your thermostat, and can trough your body off. This can cause late periods, cysts, and even age you faster.
     Also, maybe your cycle is thrown off, by being around
other females. I know it can sound funny, but females sync periods. I've lived in a house with three other females besides myself, and  by two months, we'd be on the same cycle pattern. Adding the fact that at that specific age, I always locked myself in my room. Just being around another females for at least five-ten mins a day can, and will affect your cycle.
     Just remember to relax, and enjoy the beautiful life you were giving. "When you blink, life will suddenly pass." "Don't look back 40 years from now and regret." Not stressing, will say you energy, and wrinkles from frowns:) Try to remember, breathe. Things could ALWAYS be worse.
     I hope this has helped.  
   Sincerly,
                    Victoria Xoxo smilelyface
     Also, I must add. My cyst ruptured November 8, 2014. Had period November 16, 2014 and now it's December. I'm four days late, was suppose to start on the 14th. (today is 18th) I have no idea, once again, what's going on. I'm sure it's cyst related, since rupture wasn't long ago.But for anyone who doesn't know what they are experiencing, it's best to write a list of questions, and either set up appointment with doctor or write him/her personal letter. (Or research on Google)
Hi my daughter and niece both just went through the same thing. they are both 16 and are not sexually active there doc put them on birth control to help regulate there period. My daughter says it has helped her a lot this was 3 months ago. Hope this helps
I had the same issue then missed 3 months in a row, I had an infection in my fallopian tube and was put on An antibiotics and given prescription to clean my system out.  I don't advise birth control on monthly basis everyone deals with it differently but in 2 months I gained 11 pounds and never had a normal period