33 weeks pregnant and baby is in breech position

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I'm 33 weeks pregnant now and my gynae told me a few days ago that my baby is in breech position. I have my ultrasound in 2 more weeks for her to be certain about the position of the baby.
Is there still a chance for the baby to be in the head down position? Can I do anything to ensure this?
I did not exercise much during my pregnancy so far..is this a result of that?

My gynae has many years of experience and is an MD also but she is not very compassionate. She doesnt seem to be invloved in answering my question during my regular appointments too. The reason I still stayed with her is because of her experience and husband also agreed with this reason. Basically I hate to offend anybody. I dont know if I want to switch now.
I'm extremely upset about all this.
Can anyone answer my questions to calm me down?
Avatar n tn
My friend Paula just had a son and he was in the breech position. he changed last minute (2 weeks before DD), they even did scans as they wernt sure if he had moved.
the baby may go head down soon, it can happen and i wouldnt worry.
if you get soo far along they may try and help the baby move by using their hands on your abdomen - its been known to work!
if baby stays breech they may offer a caesarian (sorry bout SP)
I wouldnt worry if i were you, it will only stress you and the baby out. You will both be fine hun.
If you think the ob/gyn should talk more, ask her.
thats what they are there for and if you explain your nerves im sure she will help, if not, make a decision on that basis.
hope this helps and good luck!
fiona
Avatar n tn
My son was a footling breech baby and we were completely unaware of this until my water broke and I had a foot in my birth canal. Babies can and often will turn up until something like 36 weeks, so there is still a pretty good chance your little one will flip around. The good news, if you can see it this way, is that you are able to prepare mentally for the possibility of a c-section. For whatever reason, my pregnancy just went so easily, I was oblivious (or ignorant maybe) that I might be facing a c-section. So, when I was faced with an emergency c-section within 45 minutes of going into the hospital, I was not emotionally prepared and the reality really hit me and devastated me because it certainly wasn't the borth experience I was hoping or prepared for. The good news though is that once my shock wore off, I helled up well and recovered quickly...although I am still hoping for a VBAC if all works as planned this time around because I still feel I missed out on the experience. (of course this might change and ask me again closer to the end.) :)
From what I've read the baby turns head down usually somewhere between 28 and 32 weeks.  With you just being 33 weeks I don't think there's any reason for concern right now.  I turned 34 weeks on Saturday and my baby has just turned head-down in the last couple of days.  

You have plenty of time.  Don't worry.
KTowne, Shannon79, and pb95 commented on KeeLolo's status
1 hr ago
agrell sooo ladies things have bee... Comment
agrell uploaded new photos
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals