4 weeks after hysterectomy
I had a laporoscopic hysterectomy 4 1/2 weeks ago.  I had Uterus, fallopian tubes and 1 ovary removed. 1 ovary remains.  My doctor said there was a lot of scar tissue he had to "scrape away" on the left side.  I still get a lot of pain.  I called a week ago to tell him I was still getting pain and needed more meds, the Doctor said it was because I was not taking it easy.  ( at 2 weeks I started driving my children to school and did light house work, nothing too big though).  He gave me more meds and told me this was the last he could give me.. which made me feel awful, like I was calling just forthe meds).  He gave me hydrocodon, which I used sometimes but I mostly do ibuprophen every 8 hours with tylenol every 4.  I tried to go into work (a desk job) but was very uncomfortable.  I am still getting pain on my left side, sometimes sharp when I move a certain way, and a slight pain on my right(not as severe).  In 3 days it will be 5 weeks since my surgery.  Is this normal?  I am getting frustrated because I have 3 children to tend to and a job ( I have been working from home) to go back to.
I forgot to add.  The reason for hysterecotomy was irregular and extremely heavy bleeding during periods.