Women's Health Community
4 weeks after hysterectomy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

4 weeks after hysterectomy

I had a laporoscopic hysterectomy 4 1/2 weeks ago.  I had Uterus, fallopian tubes and 1 ovary removed. 1 ovary remains.  My doctor said there was a lot of scar tissue he had to "scrape away" on the left side.  I still get a lot of pain.  I called a week ago to tell him I was still getting pain and needed more meds, the Doctor said it was because I was not taking it easy.  ( at 2 weeks I started driving my children to school and did light house work, nothing too big though).  He gave me more meds and told me this was the last he could give me.. which made me feel awful, like I was calling just forthe meds).  He gave me hydrocodon, which I used sometimes but I mostly do ibuprophen every 8 hours with tylenol every 4.  I tried to go into work (a desk job) but was very uncomfortable.  I am still getting pain on my left side, sometimes sharp when I move a certain way, and a slight pain on my right(not as severe).  In 3 days it will be 5 weeks since my surgery.  Is this normal?  I am getting frustrated because I have 3 children to tend to and a job ( I have been working from home) to go back to.
I forgot to add.  The reason for hysterecotomy was irregular and extremely heavy bleeding during periods.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank