40,toothache and Menstration, any connection?
Ive just turned 40 and For the last 3 months a couple of days before my menstrual cycle, I get extrem toothache. Is this normal? How can I prevent it?

Toothache does not seem to be a premenstrual symptom and for this toothache before periods, you should consult a dentist and get an evaluation of the teeth and gums done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I am 35 and I have the same issue. I should start by noting that my dentist did advise me that my problem tooth does need a root canal. However, I have yet to have it resolved. The thing is - the tooth only aches during my menstral cycle and it is so strange and agonizing to have both ailments at the same time. I plan to have the tooth extracted soon. But, in the meantime, I just take Advil for my menstrual pains and it alleviates the pain from the tooth...... :(
Although I respect the fact that you are a Doctor I must say that you need to do better research as I have researched this phenomenon for about 3 years and on going and there has to be a correlation between a severe to non severe toothache before a woman's menstrual cycle simply because over a 1000 women cannot be making it up! I have gone to several dentist and one of them asked me if I was expecting my period? And I was taken aback and asked him why did that have anything to do with my period? Which I was indeed expecting it in the next day or so. His response was that it has to do with nerve endings and how during a woman's menstrual cycle her nerve endings are ultra sensitive and once the period has come the pain subsides as the nerve endings are not so elevated.
I completely agree with you as i experience the same condition every month befor e my periods.
Many of the doctors do not consider this. they say their is no connection in toothaches and periods.
I use to get these toothaches for 3 years now and has accepted it as a premenstural symptoms.
Periods and menopause can have everything to do with mouth pain. Not to question the above dr. Comment but maybe a bit more research should be considered.  We are treated like we are crazy, no one knows the pains we suffer unless they are going through it. Prayers to all who suffer this phenomenon. I do as well and my mouth kills me for days and even weeks leading up to and during my cycle. I have very healthy teeth so you tell me? It is totally cyclic and I also have endo. There is def a link. My dr. Agrees but cannot give a valid explanation why. God Bless ladies, stay strong!
About once or twice a year I will experience toothache pain before my menstrual.  My menstrual is due to arrive in the next day or two and I am experiencing toothache pain. Thankfully the pain does not bother me unless I am try to eat or drink something. Otherwise, I do not feel anything. The toothache pain is not always in the same area. Last year the pain was with my bottom front tooth. I was drinking my beverages from straws to keep the cold from getting to it. This time the pain is in the upper area.  I am a living witness like so many others in this forum that there is a direct connection with toothache pain and premenstrual cycle symptoms.
Thank you everyone for clearing all this out.... My husband laughed at me when I told him that I thought there was a correlation to the pain. For the last three days I have had terrible headaches due to a tooth ache and only with taking some Advil was I able to function. I did make a dentist appointment this week and hopefully he won't think I'm crazy too!  But, thank you all for letting me know that there is a correlation between the two.