5 days late - 2 negative pregnancy tests?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I'm 5 days late - I want to be pregnant so badly, but the tests are negative. Does anyone know if it's possible to be late, get negative test results and still maybe be pregnant? I don't feel any different really. My nipples were really sensitive about 10 days ago, but they're back to normal now.
I think I am slightly stressed because I really do want to be pregnant which I know is a possible reason for being late. I just wish I knew for sure. Any ideas aside from a blood test. I feel embarrased to call the doctor for just being a few days late?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
This recently happened to me.  I was 6 days late, for no reason.  All the hpt's were negative.  I eventually did start my period.  The hpt's are very accurate and therefore my gut feeling says you are not pg.  All the stress from wondering is probably making you late.  Try to relax and accept the fact that you're not pg - this will either make your period come so you can start trying again or will at least get your mind off of it so you can relax for a week.  Take another pg test in 1 week if your period does not show up.
Don't be embarrassed to seek advice from your Dr. Even at 5 days late. They see anxious women ALL the time and would probably be more than happy to give you a blood test. Good Luck. I hope you get the positive results you are longing for!
Thank you for the advice.

I took another pregnancy test this morning and I think it's positive!!!  The line is there, but it's not as dark as the other one. Is that definitely a positive?
I don't want to get your hopes up and I said this in the more recent post, but like my doc said, "A line is a line" and it does count, as long as it was within the timeframe noted on the test kit. Was it within the timeframe or did you keep checking it as the day went on? I think you'll find that if you buy a different brand and test with your first morning urine, you will see the results you are hoping for. Let us know!
I am in the exact same situation. 2 neg. test and my symptoms went away, I am 5 days late and I am never late.
Congratulations!!!
I do not know what to do. I was very helpful to read your question.
I am also in this same situation. I am 5 days late today and no signs of impending doom of the dreaded AF. But I also dont have any PG signs either. I got a BFN on 14 dpo in the afternoon and with FMU on 15 dpo. I know that thinkign about it and stressing about can make you late but I have been more stressed and more anxious other months so why this month? Anyways I hope we both get BFPS at the end of this week. BABY DUST!!!!
hi i 5 days late and got all the signs did a test 2 days ago it was negative result but still no period could i still be pregnant !! how long should i waitfor another test ? !!
Im in same boat (sort of) some months my periods r 15th & others 25th dont no why just been like that abit now , but anyways done test on 25th & yesterday & same today , all neg :s
Could i be still preg?!?!? , im blessed with 2 beautiful children this has never happend b4 :s