5 days late and no sign of period

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

5 days late and no sign of period

I have myself convinced I am pregnant. I am never late. Stress free lifestlye. I always know when my periods are coming. I have a history of infertility but through help I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter through IUI. I am not currently seeking any treatment to concieve (conceive). I was going to go through IVF next month since we have tried for almost 2 years with Clomid and IUI again 5x and one cycle of Follistim and IUI- still nothing. This month so excited b/c 5 days late. Took pregnancy test this morning around 5 am using "ANSWER" brand and BFN. Just switched insurnace and have to wait for ID cards so I would have to pay out of pocket to see doc and I do not want to do that. I really feel pregnant. My boobs are swollen, darker and abdomen feels weird, not like period. Had some cramps a while back but nothing ever came of it. I hate HPT. I was reluctant to use one b/c of disappointment. I guess I will wait another week to test again. After that I go to the doc.
I was in the same boat as you last week (except for the stree free lifestyle part  LOL).  I was convinced that I was pg despite the negative hpt.  For me, no such luck ... AF showed on day 37 of my cycle.  I have NEVER been that late.

But, I spoke with my doctor on day 36 after a negative hpt and blood test.  She said to wait one week and that it was still very possible that I was pg and ovulated a little later in my cycle.  I hope this will be the case for you.

Baby dust and best of luck.
thanks. the nurse from doc's office called and said to test in another week b/c sometimes HCG is week. I wish I still worked at the fertility clinic b/c I would have them draw my blood and run Progesterone and HCG test to calculate my levels.
I got off the bc shot in Jan.  and since then including that month I have had a period right on track every month.  I am now a week and a couple of days late.  I took a hpt (first reponse) on my 3rd missed days and it was neg..  My breast are sore as if I am going to start, but they have been sore for 2weeks now.  My body doesn't feel like I am going to start.   I don't understand why all of a sudden why I missed after the last 4 months being totally normal. If anybody can help me please do...thanks!
I posted a comment on here and now it is gone.  I would just like help understanding.  I guess I just don't know if maybe the test could be wrong or if something else might be going on.  I've been normal and right on track since I got off the bc shot. I took the test on my 3rd day missed the test was neg., has anybody ever took a test that said neg., then later found out it was wrong?
The weird thing to is that my basal body temperature has been in the high 98's. Usually it is in the 97's. It has been consistantly high for a while. It was high when I was pregnant with my daughter but luckily I had a PPT with her with a store brand test no less. This just really sucks.
Sorry I click the wrong subject when I didn't see it.
not pregnant. got my period today at day 37. weird never had it this late. looks like I will go through IVF as soon as my husbands insurance kicks in. Probably start in july/august. wish me luck. 80% chance it can work.
Good Luck hope everything turns out in your favor.
hi roxy im 5 days late and i feel preggo, i have sore nipples and some mild like period cramps ive had 3 kids already so i know the feeling of preggo, last month my period only last for a day and used only two sanitary towels i have had sex but not used any contraception my usual cyle is 30-33 days but this month is 39 days do you think im pregnant, i havent taken a test but i will tomorrow or monday? joanne
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status
specialmom commented on ribaby15's status
Theresadawn commented on 7 Tips to Breathe Bet...
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals