5 month ultrasound Worried Help!

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

5 month ultrasound Worried Help!

Okay here is my situation and question on Saturday I am going in for an ultrasound I am between 20 to 22 weeks. I am 5 foot 2 and weighed 160 when I got pregnant I have only gained 4.5 lbs. My question is with no more weight than that and I am not showing much. Do you think they baby is growing right? Will they tell me what the baby is measuring. please tell me your stories if anything is similiar.

Yeah, I'm sure everything is fine.  With my DS I was barely showing at my ultrasound and everything was fine.  The whole point of the ultrasound is to see how the baby is developing and making sure that he/she is healthy, so they'll let you know if something is wrong.

Good luck!  It's not uncommon ti have only gained 4 pounds so far.  You start to really pack on the weight at the end when the baby packs on body fat.
Avatar n tn
The technician will be checking to make sure everything is going accordingly.  Also, don't hesitate to ask whatever questions you have for the tech, and the weight issue should be addressed to your doc.  Everyone gains weight differently.  If this is your first baby, you don't usually show until around the 5th month anyhow.  Good luck:)
Avatar n tn
Yes, it is still pretty early,and the baby is still pretty small.
I didn't have a weight gain until week 28 with my first child.  I lost about 10 the first trimester.

Have you been followed by a doctor throughout your pregnancy?  They should be measuring your uterus and would ring alarm bells if they were concerned
The gain of 4.5 pounds is a net number, the baby gaining and you losing, most likely.  When a person is already slightly overweight, it's not uncommon at all for the body to be gaining the prescribed poundage for the pregnancy while losing unneeded stuff in other places because you are eating a healthier diet.
i've known women who have actually lost weight in the first few months, and their babies were fine.
Avatar n tn
i have 3 kids and with my first you could not tell i was pregnant by looking at me until exactly 2 weeks before i delived and she is 8 now she came out perfectly fine and is still fine hope this makes you feel better
Hormones For Better Sleep Better, G...
1 hr ago by gymdandee
KTowne, and Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
KTowne 5 more sleeps!!! :):) Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals