5 weeks pregnant, but now i'm bleeding, is this implantation bleed...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

5 weeks pregnant, but now i'm bleeding, is this implantation bleeding?

Ok so I just found out that i'm 5 weeks pregnant, the other day i took 3 prego tests because i missed my period that week and so after i took the home prego tests they all came back positive. The next day i went to the doctors and did another prego test with them.. later that night i came home and i started bleeding lightly it was a redish brown (not enough to fill a pad though) with mild cramping.. i got worried so the next morning i went back to the doctors and she told me that i am 5 weeks pregnant and my husband and I were happy to hear that, but i told my doctor about the bleeding that had started the night i left the doctors office, and she said that it is implantation bleeding and that it is common to have in early pregnancy, also how it can looks like a normal period and how it should stop within 6 days. My doctor wants to do a blood test next week, but later that night when i went home the bleeding started to get a bit more heavier (but still not enough to fill a pad fully, usually one pad a day) the blood is like a redish brown still and looks a bit slimy, with little cramping. It has been 3 days since the bleeding began and the cramping seemed to have stopped, but the bleeding is still there.. i'm hoping it will stop by next week. Is my doctor right, is this implantation bleeding or a start of a miscarrage (miscarriage)? Has this happened to anyone else?
Without bloodwork its hard to say.  Implantation bleeding is usually very minimal and doesn't last for several days.  Bleeding doesn't always mean miscarriage.  It could be infection, from sex, hematoma or hemorage, etc.  I would request bloodwork to see if your hcg and progesterone levels are at the correct levels.  Also request an early ultrasound as well. Try not to stress good luck.