6.1 weeks pregnant and no fetal pole

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

6.1 weeks pregnant and no fetal pole

Has anybody got any advice as am besides myself with worry. Had us today after getting really bad pains but no bleeding. On us there was fetal sac which was the correct size for my dates, fetal yok but no fetal pole or heart beat. Am back for another scan in 4 days is there any hope that tthis might be a viable pregnancy. Has anybody else suffered anything similiar

This discussion is related to 6.3 weeks u/s no fetal pole or heartbeat.
I' went and they told me I was. 5 weeks and 3 days no fetal pole or heart beat my hcg level dropped I went today for another test at dr office waitng on results
I went to have ultrasound to find out how far along I was and I had no fetal pole or heart beat the next day my hcg level went down had another one done a d waitng on results what could be wrong
Hi there and welcome.  Oh, I'm sorry to hear this.  Talk to your doctor about this when you go for your results today.  You may be having a miscarriage sweetie.  When you see the doctor, they will talk about what to expect.  Very sorry.  Hope that somehow  it is all a big mistake.  Let us know what the doctor says.  peace to you.  
Ok today test number three hcg levels was 12647 first hcg second hcg was 11175 today number 3 was 9837. What the doctor said is he thinks I'm having a miscarriage I'm hoping for it to turn around
Oh sweetie, I'm really really sorry.  I was afraid of that.  Hcg is the hormone that a growing baby produces.  The number increases as the baby grows.  We have a Miscarriage forum that you can find by going to the top tool bar and clicking on forums.  Then look on the left hand side of the page under the M's.  Some wonderful supportive ladies there.  It hurts and while things can sometimes be a mistake, I'm just not sure that this can turn around once started.  I do wish you peace and have faith that you'll have the baby you want in the future.  good luck dear.