7 week lon period
I am a 19 year old girl I have always had some problems with my period. the reason I started birth control was to regulate my period because I would have two periods a month then goes a few months without one and i suffered from awful cramps. I have been on 4 different birthcontrols over the last 3 years. Last year I started the birthcontrol that will cause you to only have 4 periods a year. It worked great for a year no breakthrough bleeding at all. But 7 weeks ago my period started when it was not supposed to I took it as spotting, even though it was a little heavier. It never went away and became heavier and heavier at some point i could bleed through a tampon in 30 mins, and on some days I have awful cramps. I went to my dr and she changed my birth control and did blood test and an exam. The tests for clotting disorders came back normal, and she said she didnt feel anything in the exam. I have been on the birth control for 2 weeks and there has been no change. I don't know what to do. I have never missed a pill and take it at the same time everyday. Please help!
How are you? Were you able to see your gynecologist regarding your prolonged period? Irregular menstruation may be brought about by hormone changes, thyroid dysfunction, underlying illness, or gynecological issues such as polyps, fibroids or PCOS. Management usually depends on the underlying cause. If all tests were normal, further evaluation may need to be done including imaging studies. Take care and hope all is well. Do keep us posted and best regards.