A Reddish purple bump on the side of my upper body

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

There has been a reddish purple bump on the upper side of my body for the past 3 days and it hurts when i move my figner over it and it is very tender plz help.
It looks like a boil or a cyst. But if you have had unprotected intercourse then it can be due to herpes sore. You should keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics and warm compresses. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then get an evaluation done from a dermatologist and get cysts and herpes sores ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing

KTowne So I guess we will not be g... Comment
AnnieBrooke busy, busy, busy Comment
AnnieBrooke commented on Cindy's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals