A large amount of Discharge

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

A large amount of Discharge

Three weeks ago (March), I had a high fever that lasted about 24 hours.  During that time, I had filled a pad full of vaginal discharge.  It has been three weeks now and the discharge is still continuing.

The discharge seems to happen when I lay down.  The discharge is yellow puss colored but does not have an odor.  When I lay down, I completely soak through a pair of underwear within a few hours.  

2 weeks ago, the discharge was happening all the time.  I was soaking through pads, underwear, and pants.  Now, it only seems to happen while I sleep.

I have no redness in my vagina or irritation during sex.  
I have not switched personal cleaners (still use summer eve personal cleanser
sounds like you might have a bacterial infection. Call you doctor. It may be that, it may be nothing at all but esp. with the fever. Don't wait to get it checked out. Hope it is all ok! :)
Having some amount of vaginal discharge is normal, especially if you are of childbearing age. Glands in the cervix produce a clear mucus. These secretions may turn white or yellow when exposed to the air. These are normal variations.  However, you are soaking pads so a doctor's check up is required.
i have a question about discharge amounts

i have to change my undwear during the day because of the amount of discharge i have!
its hard for me to think this is normal? is it?

im 15 and got my period summer 07. and i would like to know if anyone knows anything about this.
am so sick and tired of this discharge thing it  makes me so uncomfortable am 16 year old virgin have been having this large amount of discharge for the past year i go to the doctor they tell me its yeast but there is no iching or anything they give me canesten all the time and it does not work i dont think this is normal i need help pleeese and is there any drugs i can get over counter for this thing
iv only noticed my discharge discolouration in the last year or so
it didnt bother me at first ,until i decided to have a swab test by my doctor and sent it to the hospital,i got the results today( strep} growths the nurse said iv been prescribed a week course of augmentin duo
i hope it works