A possible miscarriage?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

A possible miscarriage?

Last night during sex with my husband, I began to an odd pain. It was a mild burning sensation. I didn't think too much of it since it was a little more than one week since we have had sex so maybe it was just a stretching sensation.

The following afternoon I went to the restroom. I saw that there was a light amount of blood in my underwear. I figured I had just started my period so I went to my room to grab a pad. When I got back to the bathroom to put it on, there was suddenly a massive amount of blood. It got all over the floor and my the shorts I was wearing. The blood was very stringy and it all kind of came out at one time. This is very abnormal for my period.

Up to today, I have been very tired and I have had a lot of aches and pains in various parts of my body. I have been lightheaded with frequent headaches and nausea.

A friend said that it could have been a very early miscarriage, which is possible as my husband and I have unprotected sex, however I didn't feel any pain other than cramping from yesterday and it hadn't been a long time since my last period.

What could have just happened?
I don't think that sex would have caused a miscarriage. Even during the earliest stages of pregnancy the embryo is protected and although you have had unprotected sex, doesn't mean that were pregnant (unless you had taken a test before this incident). I have had my period come immediately after sex. But I really don't think that it was a miscarriage.
AnnieBrooke busy, busy, busy Comment
AnnieBrooke commented on Cindy's status
MH Community Mgr uploaded new photos
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals